Best backcountry boots

I have custom russel moccasin minimalist thula thulas and i love em but everyones different so there's not gonna be a boot that'll work for everyone

The best boots are the size 9 crispi Birksdals I’m trying to sell! Lol. In all seriousness I love them. Extremely stable in all terrain and wonderful support. I bought a half size too small and my feet swell more than I thought. (Plantar fasciitis) My last boots were canvas so I didn’t realize my feet swell so bad. They run try to size. Definitely a boot I’d recommend. Not just bc I’m selling a pair that I bought last fall and wore for a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R
The best boots are the size 9 crispi Birksdals I’m trying to sell! Lol. In all seriousness I love them. Extremely stable in all terrain and wonderful support. I bought a half size too small and my feet swell more than I thought. (Plantar fasciitis) My last boots were canvas so I didn’t realize my feet swell so bad. They run try to size. Definitely a boot I’d recommend. Not just bc I’m selling a pair that I bought last fall and wore for a week.

If I was a size 9 I’d help you out. I’m size 12 I tried a pair of kenetreks on today and felt great. I’m just trying to get some info on others before dropping $400 on boots

Fullfan

WKR
Crispi. Expensive but well worth it. After last Sept stomping around Idaho in mine, I came home and bought a second pr

If I was a size 9 I’d help you out. I’m size 12 I tried a pair of kenetreks on today and felt great. I’m just trying to get some info on others before dropping $400 on boots

I love the Birksdals bc they have a stiff shank. It really helps a lot when in steep terrain or in rocky terrain and all you have is enough for your toes to step onto. Side hilling is also much easier. Even with a loaded pack, they are solid. They may not be the most ideal for lower elevation and open country, but you’ll thank yourself if you are ever in thick steep country.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I really like crispi personally. I have the birkadall SF and the guides and they are both awesome.

I love the Crispi Briksdals in 4 flex rating so the brown ones. I got the slightly less stiff one for a slight nod to hiking normal trails too. With that being said the Briksdals are all I am ever going to buy. My feet are flat as a board so stiff boots are a must and these things climb like a goat.

Fullfan

WKR
The first Pr is the Idaho’s, second Pr is the Idaho II. Long story, involved in a bad car crash in 2016. Almost loosing my right leg. Broken pelvis,right hip, compound fracture to femur. Femur went through my knee, and crushed right foot. Foot still bothers me and a total knee replacement was needed.

Could not walk far with out lots of pain. Did not want to stop doing the rings I love. Did some research and the Crispi boots sounded like a win.
Last Sept I covered 26 miles in two days w my son chasing bugles in Idaho. I hunted a total of 17 days , never had an issue w my feet.
Boots are comfortable, keep my feet dry.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 67
OP
R
The first Pr is the Idaho’s, second Pr is the Idaho II. Long story, involved in a bad car crash in 2016. Almost loosing my right leg. Broken pelvis,right hip, compound fracture to femur. Femur went through my knee, and crushed right foot. Foot still bothers me and a total knee replacement was needed.

Could not walk far with out lots of pain. Did not want to stop doing the rings I love. Did some research and the Crispi boots sounded like a win.
Last Sept I covered 26 miles in two days w my son chasing bugles in Idaho. I hunted a total of 17 days , never had an issue w my feet.
Boots are comfortable, keep my feet dry.
Wow glad to hear your getting around and still enjoying the things you love to do! I’m definitely going to take a hood hard look at crispi seems like that is everyone’s go to!

Fullfan

WKR
Like mentioned, expensive but well worth it. I have Danners, underarmor, irishsetters, Rocky’s, and the cabelas brands. None of the boots mentioned compare to the Crispi. I also use them when chasing gobblers in the spring, no problems at all.

OP
R
Like mentioned, expensive but well worth it. I have Danners, underarmor, irishsetters, Rocky’s, and the cabelas brands. None of the boots mentioned compare to the Crispi. I also use them when chasing gobblers in the spring, no problems at all.
I wear Irish setters at work and love them. I just don’t think they would hold up in the mountains so I will definitely be looking into crispi!

Altra or Hoka. No need for bulky leather boots. Keep it light weight. Your feet and back will thank you later. This also depends where you are hunting/temperature/rain....

Moserkr

WKR
I can wear out a set of danners in a season, as comfy as they may be. Went to crispi summit gtx and put 1,000 miles on them, then got em resoled. Started rolling my ankle though and my feet flattened (high arches) from hard use and heavy packs, also a flexible boot sole. So, moving up a size and to a stiffer sole, and staying with crispi. Eyes on the colorados or briksdal. I like the breathable fabric of the colorado but im afraid ill destroy it. Briksdals (and crispi) have a following as you can tell.

BullsDeep

Lil-Rokslider
It's best to order several pair and try them on, I differ from the crowd, I really wanted crispi to work for my feet but they did not. Uncomfortable. The guides were a little better but had sharp pains in the big toe. Keep trying on boots until you find the ones that work for your feet