Best "backcountry" cooler

weatherbow21

Lil-Rokslider
I'm asking here because I know a lot of people around here geek out on stuff and may have already looked into or tested this themselves. I'm curious as to what the best cooler to use to pack in on a llama, obviously weight is a concern so its not going to be a yeti-like cooler. Anyone ever tested (or seen where someone else did) some cheap smaller coolers for llamas to pack beer and whiskey for me to a high lake for me to enjoy while I fish and glass for bears? I have a soft sided RTIC and its fine but I've not been overly impressed with it.

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
I built coolers into the bottom of my horse pack boxes with foil backed ridgid foam insulation.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Explorer

FNG
I found these at Walmart for $5. I have been wanting to try them for a cheap cooler pannier option or as a cooler to put in my panniers, but I haven't tried them yet. The insulation isn't thick but it is ok. They are obviously not made out of super high quality components but I think they will hold up ok. The handle strap wraps around the cooler so that should help the stitching hold up. I am thinking about cutting the handles and adding buckles to make them easier to attack to a saddle. They are pretty light weight too. 20200215_155104.jpg