Best Backpacking Sleeping Bag with Space?

I am looking into buying a sleeping bag for a September Colorado Elk hunt this season. That being said, I tried out one of my buddies mummy style bags and learned real quick that I need more space, at least enough to spread my feet out a little more. The non-mummy backpacking bags I have looked through all seem to be on the higher end and a bit pricey. My question is, are there any budget non-mummy backpacking bags, or more-spacious mummy bags, out there? TIA!

I have this and love it:

I am a big guy - 6’5” 250. This thing has a ton of room. The bottom of the bag is elastic, so you can spread your legs out if you want to. If you go 20* or opt for the regular size its lighter. For me 3.9lbs is well worth it for a bag this warm and this big.

Wilderness Spirit

Lil-Rokslider
I have a WM Sycamore 25 degree bag semi rectangular. Weight is 2lbs. I bought it for the extra room since I like to sleep on my side. It has plenty of room in the foot box .

Agross

WKR
I have a hyke and byke crestone 0 degree bag that i bought because it’s roomier. It’s hammock compatible but I didn’t buy it for that , I got it because of the extra room. I can’t do the narrow mummy bags. They are reasonably priced and have sales quite often.

OP
C
Thanks for all the comments! I really like the WM stuff, I just don’t know if I’m ready to fork that kind of cash out yet. I’m gonna look into the klymit! As far as quilts go, is there a budget (say $250 or less) backpacking quilt? All the ones I have found are at least $350.

OP
C
I have a hyke and byke crestone 0 degree bag that i bought because it’s roomier. It’s hammock compatible but I didn’t buy it for that , I got it because of the extra room. I can’t do the narrow mummy bags. They are reasonably priced and have sales quite often.
How well does the hyke and bike pack? With it being bigger, does it still pack up pretty reasonable?

I am an extremely active sleeper/sleep ninja and require a lot of sleeping space. For me the best thing I have found are Western Mountaineering semi-rectangular bags, but they are not a budget item unless you can find them preowned.

HuntnPack

WKR
My Sleep system:

NEMO Men's Riff 15 Degree Sleeping Bag
Exped SynMat UL Winter LW Sleeping Pad
Exped Down Pillow

Seek Outside:
Fearlessly Floorless Ground Sheet
Matty McMat Face - Ground Pad

Thanks for all the comments! I really like the WM stuff, I just don’t know if I’m ready to fork that kind of cash out yet. I’m gonna look into the klymit! As far as quilts go, is there a budget (say $250 or less) backpacking quilt? All the ones I have found are at least $350.

I had this same mindset on my first western trip. I skimped on my sleep system. I realized by day 2 of 14, I made a mistake. A good nights sleep is priceless, during your hunt. I just dropped the loot on a WM Ponderosa. I’d highly recommend you check it out. I’m a side sleeper that needs the room to be comfortable.

I was between this and the Sequioa. The Sequioa is hard to come by these days, so I defaulted to the Ponderosa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk