Best belt for your pants to hike in?

Is he wearing a pack. If not, my cabelas leather belt works fine.

I have an HPG belt for under the pack belt. Still deciding if I like it. Also bought a marsupial belt to try.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I run a HPG belt if there is a chance I'll be: 1. carrying a heavy pack, 2. will get wet, or 3
will need to do a lot of sitting. The thin, but effective, webbing disappears under a waist belt, while effectively holding up your pants. The thin webbing dries fast if it gets wet. It doesn't dig into my gut or pull my be hairsince it doesn't have an actual buckle, just velcro.

5BtoSB

FNG
Arcade belts. comfortable, adjustable and has a low profile buckle that doesn't get in the way of your pack's belt.

I have too many cool belts, but for under a pack, my go-to is a belt that I cut out of an old pair of gramicci shorts. Simple, and totally disappears under a load.
For my kids I use 1" nylon edge binding (think super light webbing) from hobby lobby and a 1" plastic buckle from there as well. Yeah, I had to sew some, but it is absolutely the best thing I could find for skinny kids that are going up a size or two every few months. If you don't sew, I'm sure someone local could do it cheaper than you can buy a belt.

Great topic!

Look up Blue Alpha Gear, maker of tactical gun belts. They have a low profile EDC belt that weighs about 2oz, 1.5" wide, and no metal hardware. Also a one-hander, no slip, lots of adjustment range... It's the ticket for holding your pants up.
Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 2.26.47 PM.png

Last edited:
Gotta like this too: Emdom Flex Inner Belt 1.5"
Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 6.03.47 PM.png

Same concept as Blue Alpha but has a flex section. Found it in the link shared in post #44.

I have and love the Adam 2” belt so much that I’ve asked EMDOM if they can make it in a 1.5” for my pants that won’t take a 2”. The Adam belt beats all the others by a long shot, in my option.

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
I like the fjallraven keb trekking belt. I bought the stone glacier belt first and it was good, just a little narrower than I was looking for. The keb is like a thicker wider version of the same thing.

Kostrize

WKR
The new Catamount belt looks awesome. Stretch with a non metallic ladder lock buckle and MOLLE webbing

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Black Buckle Technical Hunting Belt

The perfect stealthy belt to complete your kit. The black buckle technical belt has no moving parts and a no-slip locking mechanism, so you won't need to adjust it throughout the day. The black buckle technical belt has a minimalist look with extreme durability. The belt lies flat and will not protrude from pants or dig into the skin. Ultra-lightweight buckles cut from T6061 Aluminum are shaped with a slight bend for extra comfort. The strap is woven with high strength nylon webbing and the tail of the hunting belt tucks behind the buckle. Made in USA.

Swamppirate

Lil-Rokslider
IMG_0808.jpeg

Tactical Tailor

IMG_0808.jpeg

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve really become a fan of the Tenicor Zero belt over the past few years. Low profile, infinitely adjustable, can be adjusted without hearing Velcro, and carries weight well.

alpinej7

Lil-Rokslider

JB426

FNG
Another vote for the Arcade belt. It's my everyday belt. If I want something more rigid I use a Grip6 belt. Also simple and low profile.