Best belt for your pants to hike in?

dacd4134

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone got a link to the First Lite belt? It looks like they might have stopped making it. I can't find it on their website.

bison and arcade make good hiking belts. Pantagonia and arc'teryx do too. I wear a kuiu belt. They were just in the outlet for 14.99 but I think sold out.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OP
K

Kevrod3

FNG
Guys those are some great options!!!! This is exactly why I love this community! THANKS FOR ALL THE SUGGESTIONS!!!

work765

WKR
Bought the kifaru belt after reading some posts here. Been wearing it for the past month as my daily. Honestly it’s okay, nothing special. Webbing was cut correctly to my waist to fit under the right belt loops. It’s simple and works. It’s basic webbing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisA

WKR
I run First Lite suspenders and am pleased. Even ran them on a pair of Kuiu pants for a couple days but need to sew in loops to hook to rather than attach to belt loops.

Other than that, I like my old black USGI issue belt that we wore with BDUs.

Chris

Anyone got a link to the First Lite belt? It looks like they might have stopped making it. I can't find it on their website.
Bought the kifaru belt after reading some posts here. Been wearing it for the past month as my daily. Honestly it’s okay, nothing special. Webbing was cut correctly to my waist to fit under the right belt loops. It’s simple and works. It’s basic webbing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First lite belt is discontinued and I haven't been able to locate anyone with old stock.

The Kifaru belt is some great marketing, but I dont think it's that great. Just a simple webbing belt with a low profile buckle. Would not buy twice.

Tanner W

Lil-Rokslider
the marsupial belt is very comfortable. I like that it doesn't bother me when I'm wearing a pack. I also have the wilderness 3 stitch belt which is a lot more heavy duty compared to the marsupial, but it is uncomfortable to wear with a pack due to its thickness.

Blackcow

WKR
I use an Arcade belt. I thread the belt through the male buckle so that the tag end is on the inside of the belt, and cut the tag just in front of my hip bone. Iliac Crest. Whatever. Can't even tell it's there.

Taking my 14 year old and he needs a good belt for his pants because the pants are a bit big on him.
What style or brand do you guys use? I'm using Parana zion so they have the stretch waist band belt incorporated in the pants already.
Is he wearing a pack. If not, my cabelas leather belt works fine.

I have an HPG belt for under the pack belt. Still deciding if I like it. Also bought a marsupial belt to try.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I just bought this one a few weeks ago. It's a little too stiff for me, and also seems like it's more of a strap than a belt. I returned it and bought a marsupial belt.

I might have to try that one out next. I haven't had too much issue with the Bison belt yet.

Taking my 14 year old and he needs a good belt for his pants because the pants are a bit big on him.
What style or brand do you guys use? I'm using Parana zion so they have the stretch waist band belt incorporated in the pants already.
Awesome post. Something you don’t think about. I second the Kuiu. Though I run a Kifaru pack, Kuiu’s Clothing has been good to me.