Best Belt: Marsupial vs FL?

Split toe

WKR
Which belt is going to work better with a pack belt over the top of it? It looks like marsupial has a lower profile buckle?

I don’t have any experience with the FL but the marsupial works for for me, pack or no pack. But beware there are guys on here that absolutely hate the marsupial belt too, so you probably won’t get a definitive answer.

ChrisAU

WKR
Marsupial here too. Wearing one right now. Have to re-tighten it every few days, otherwise perfect.

OP
Split toe

Split toe

WKR
I should add right now I am using Hill Gear belt with no problems, just looking at different option other than velcro.

sr80

WKR
marsupial belt didnt work for me, didnt hold my pants up at all. Being that its a stretch belt im not overly surprised.

JCohHTX

FNG
Between the two (I have both) I reach for the Marsupial. But when it comes to wearing a pack, I usually use FL suspenders.

Hondo

WKR
Marsupial over the FL for me. Ditto on what ChrisAU said on the periodic re-tightening.

Vaultman

WKR
I just got two marsupial's a few weeks back. Been wearing one every day since.
I got one black and one brown, they are slightly different width, and the one is REAL tight through the belt loops. Not sure why...

ericacymcdonald

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a 3 pack nylon belt with a plastic buckle to get through the airport faster and have been wearing one of the others for hunting/backpacking for hundreds of miles now with zero problems. They were like 15 for 3 if I remember correctly. I don't have a gut so your milage may very if belt comfort is an issue for other people

Off the point but I have found the best low profile belt to be the grip6. Been wearing the same belt for the last 4 years awesome product.

I’ve got a few of each. The FL has a more durable and thicker stretch material. It has a somewhat slick feel and because of that it doesn’t get a good bite - flip side it’s easier to adjust. Has a traditional pass through buckle and a plastic clip on the end piece.

I far prefer the Marsupial though. While I don’t think it will last as long, it’s low profile design is damn near perfect. Clips on very easily and you never know the buckle is even there.

FL on top, Marsupial Wolf grey on bottom. You can see the difference the texture.

Attachments

• F72EDABF-CDE5-4C33-A772-2E68BDA32235.jpeg
    F72EDABF-CDE5-4C33-A772-2E68BDA32235.jpeg
    522.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
The Marsupial is the best belt I've ever owned. Tried a Blackovis that's pretty goot but no where near the Marsupial. I need to pick up another...

FromEm

FNG
I've always used an old boy scouts belt / army surplus supply belt with good luck, but it is pretty flimsy and does not use modern materials. I'm interested in trying this Marsupial belt.