Best Bino Harness for firearm attachment

scalxndr

FNG
Recommendations for bino harness that works well with firearm attachment for archery season? Nothing too bulky

Fitzwho

WKR
Eberlestock Nosegunner and Muley Freak Traverse 2.0 both have handgun holsters built in. There may be more as well.

I have the Muley Freak. I haven't used the holster for a pistol as of yet. But it's super handy for quick access carrying the breakdown ramrod for my CVA Paramount

OP
S

scalxndr

FNG
will check them out, thanks - considering FHF and carrying a glock g20 10mm

magtech

Lil-Rokslider
When packing around this spring I carried my 9 on my chest harness for a few miles I found that the added weight transferred to my neck and shoulders and was noticeable.... if I put the pistol on my hip belt I didn't have that discomfort.

Hopefully its a non issue for you.

GPATTI

WKR
I carry a P365XL and Glock 23 in the pocket on the backside of my Outdoor Vision bino harness. (Not at the same time!)

Eberlestock Nosegunner and Muley Freak Traverse 2.0 both have handgun holsters built in. There may be more as well.

I have the Muley Freak. I haven't used the holster for a pistol as of yet. But it's super handy for quick access carrying the breakdown ramrod for my CVA Paramount

You think the butt of the pistol would stick out too far on the Muley Freak? I could see a something like compact (G19) or full frame (G17) catching a bow string because they’d stick out a couple inches.

You could go with the northwest retension chest holster, fits under your bino harness

GPATTI

WKR
Which model is that? The one I see doesn’t seem to have this pocket.
It doesn’t show it in the pictures on the website, but there is a pocket on the back. Here are a couple options.

Attachments

• 6F130EFA-C641-4AEC-A3D7-9247FB5FACC8.jpeg
    6F130EFA-C641-4AEC-A3D7-9247FB5FACC8.jpeg
    367.8 KB · Views: 54
  • B42818BA-8B70-4D43-9E34-6D26FFDE1BB1.jpeg
    B42818BA-8B70-4D43-9E34-6D26FFDE1BB1.jpeg
    366.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

11boo

WKR
I’m going the other way.

Hill people gear recon, with their bino pouch attached.

works well, but I’m getting the smaller bino pouch, this one is really big for 10x42.

89BA301A-2F6C-4EF8-B6E3-6ABBAB90BB9D.jpeg

Fitzwho

WKR
You think the butt of the pistol would stick out too far on the Muley Freak? I could see a something like compact (G19) or full frame (G17) catching a bow string because they’d stick out a couple inches.
Yes. I have a Canik TP9 ESC. And even that sticks out too far to shoot a bow. Or at least I think it would. I don't bow hunt.

TheGDog

WKR
I've got Marsupial with a Razco hanging below it G29. I really like where it positions the weapon at.

You notice it a little sometimes when crouched, or when on a sit with your knees bent up on a slope. It can then allow it to hang down enough it begins to touch your junk. But it's minor.

The snaps on the Razco, for whatever reason, are overly stiff. I needed the help of pliers to initially push the snaps down hard enough to where they'd finally seat over the lip. I had to squeeze soo hard that it actually bent the middle of the button on the snaps a minor amount. But it is holding the weapon, which is important, so I assume that's why they went with snaps where the tolerances where soo tight. I'm assuming that will work-in over-time. As sometimes I want to use the bino harness for hikes in parks where weapon not allowed.

But yeah, I really like where it puts the at-the-ready position of the weapon at overall!

Has anyone tried the marsupial gear holsters? How do they compare to the razco. The marsupial don't sit at an angle like the razco. Also, is the closure secure enough? Can it fit a pistol with a RDS on it?