Best bino harness w/ Pistol holster/carrier?

OdinIII

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the gunfighters inc chest holster then running my binos over that. I take my binos off a lot but the holster only comes off briefly to change layers.
This is a hard setup to beat. I like having the holster separate. I carry a G40 with an X300 light.

I had reservations about the holster before ordering but I like everything about it. It fits and carries better than I could have imagined. The FHF with rangefinder and NAV pouch go over it like they where designed to work together.

Bassman

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking at getting a chest holster for my G20. For those running a separate bino harness and chest holster (I'm looking at a Gunfighers), is there not interference between the two? Maybe I cannot fully appreciate if from the Company's website but it looks like there would be clearance issues when trying to draw?

Could someone educate me or post up a pic?

mtblackdog

Lil-Rokslider
There was a small company in Idaho that was building a really nice combo pack. Cant seem to find the name right now.

Do a search for BLACKS CREEK bino harness, it is called the RAPTOR, I have one I use a lot it has made two trips west hunting, and sees a lot of use whitetail hunting, I am left handed and no problems with the draw, plus they are U.S.A. made, good folks too deal with.

That blacks creek raptor looks perty sweet. I wonder how it would work during archery season. Any experience with it while shooting a bow.

JP7

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had the mystery ranch holster for my .44 (329?) and just got the mystery ranch bino harness with Molle on the bottom. Around the house it seems to work great but I haven’t had the chance to shoot my bow with it on or hike with it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fourteen

Lil-Rokslider
FHF/RAZCO is my only experience and works perfectly!

slobow

FNG
Winny, my only advice is it will most likely affect your shooting if you are a bowhunter. I havent rifle hunted in 20 plus years and usually only have a bow. Last year I took a glock 10mm with me into my wyoming elk unit as it has Grizz and honestly hated every second carrying the piece around. Just a thought. Good luck finding the best combo

I really like my Hoskins chest holder. I run it under my AGC pack and hardly even know it's there with my 10mm 1911. They are a small company based out of Idaho

I use the chest rig from AGC, and had PODS8 here on RS make me a custom elastic pouch with a retaining bungie type cord, all behind the harness between my chest and the rig. Been using this for 3 years and love it.

here is a pick with my 10 in it, which is the biggest set up I will carry like this and still runs fine in the Id mountains.

Attachments

• binopistolcarrier.jpg
    binopistolcarrier.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 191

Kleos

Lil-Rokslider
I use the Hill People Gear kit bag which holds my 10mm. With a bino carrier attached via molle. Which carries my TQ below it. I like it.

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the gunfighters inc chest holster then running my binos over that. I take my binos off a lot but the holster only comes off briefly to change layers.

This exactly! My pistol is the last thing I take of when I'm hunting. Wearing it behind your bino pack gets it out of the way keeps everything compact and is still very accessible. I carried the same pistol as you in this configuration for the last 2 seasons and have zero complaints.

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking at getting a chest holster for my G20. For those running a separate bino harness and chest holster (I'm looking at a Gunfighers), is there not interference between the two? Maybe I cannot fully appreciate if from the Company's website but it looks like there would be clearance issues when trying to draw?

Could someone educate me or post up a pic?
No there's no issue at all. I've carried a compact xds like this and the huge glock 40 10mm with no issues. It's almost like their meant to go together. I have the marsupial harness with kenai holster and also Hoskins holster(nock off kenai) if you want to save a little money

I tried the marsupial on my SG harness and wasn't a fan. It was a little too tight for my P320 and I didn't like the location in general. Seemed difficult to draw while also not feeling all that secure. My hunting parter has been using his for a while now and likes it well enough though. Ended up with an Ivory holster on my hip belt and I've like that.

LRJammer

FNG
AGC over the top of Gunfighters Kenai here as well.
I am considering this as bottom of the bino pack sounds quite awkward. How does the pack feel and carry over the top of the holster? I know the AGC packs ride pretty low as I have used one for the last 6 years. I have replaced the harness on mine to permit it to ride higher on the chest, like many of the newer pack designs do.

Do you think a higher pack would cause any comfort or access issues?

Alegault

Lil-Rokslider
I run a SG with a razco beneath. Like everything about it except that it clicks on the buckle of the hip belt on my main pack. Plastic to plastic.

Picked up the marsupial holster since it’s cloth covered hoping it will reduce the occasional noise. I like that it doesn’t require an extra strap so changing layers is one less buckle as annoying. Hoping I feel as good about the trigger security with it as I did the razco.