Best Binocular Harness

270quest

WKR
I am moving away from a dual binocular/rf unit and going to traditional 10x42s and a Handheld RF. Want chest harness are you guys using an like the most? I want to be able to carry the rf next to the binocs for quick easy access.

There are many options, no true "best" as there's a lot of personal preference that will go into it. Which direction it opens, minimalistic vs extra storage, type of material, patterns offered, etc. Look at the Outdoor Vision, Marsupial, Alaska Guide Creations, FHF, and Sitka harnesses. All of them have the functionality to add a rangefinder pouch, or have one incorporated in them already.

stump06

WKR
FHF for out west and mideast hunts. RYO for around here. Got my vortex's in the FHF and some cheap 10x32s on the RYO. I don't mind as much if they get banged up

BRoth82

WKR
I use the RYO harness and neoprene protector and really like the combo. I had a S4gear before and didn't like it at all.

bigharge

WKR
Marsupial has been my favorite so far, have tried kuiu, agc, fhf, and outdoor vision in the last couple years

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

CatfishKev

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have experience with the one ive been seeing on camofire lately. Think it was ADAQ

Youngbuck

FNG
I've had several, with the last being an s4gear. I hated it. The straps would always come loose. Bought a marsupial and haven't looked back. Stays right to your body and I'm a fan of the magnet vs the zippers or the bungee, and the way it flips forward as apposed to back towards your chest.

Also had a zipper pocket on the front for tags/diaphragm calls etc. Has two side pockets for wind checkers.

SaltyUte

Lil-Rokslider
Have an Alaska Guide Creations Kodiak Cub Max (coyote brown) I just posted in the classifieds. Great harness just won't fit my new binos.
ADAK is also a newer one to the market and a solid option.

Trial153

WKR
I keep coming back to the newest verison of the sitka harness. I like how minimal it is while still giving me full coverage. If the marsupial wasnt open on the sides I might give that a go.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Jetro94

FNG
I’m liking the KUIU for its multi functionality or the Sitka harness. Thinner straps allow for less surface area on warmer days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric4

Lil-Rokslider
I've owned an AGC Cub, as well as the marsupial. The AGC quickly went to someone else, as it was too bulky, and the straps didn't keep adjustment.

The marsupial has been good for the last couple years, but I use 8x30 porro's which have to be put in sideways, leaving one objective and eyepiece exposed on either side. The magnets also screw up my GPS if I don't hold it far enough from my chest. Otherwise, it's a great setup. Easy one-hand operation and not a bulky fit either.

I'll be picking up an ADAK harness next, as the lack of magnets, and full coverage are preferred features.

Walking Birds

Lil-Rokslider
What is RYO?

I used an S4 for awhile, and still like it for shooting 3D, but I went from that, to a Vortex Glasspak to a Marsupial and so far I'm really liking the Marsupial, but it helps they're made here local in PHX (Glendale)

lawbu

FNG
I use the FHF with their rangefinder pouch. I love it. Super easy to put on and to use.

I used the FHF compact (slightly smaller than the small) harness/rf pouch last weekend at TAC in Utah - and it fit my 10x42 Vortex Razors like a glove. Leupold fulldraw 3 rf in the pouch. I'm not sure what I was more impressed with over the weekend, the Crispi Thors or the FHF Harness. I put about 30 miles in the mountains with the FHF on the entire time and it performed better than I could've expected.

The fhf harness comes with standard 1" clips. I did change out the left side male buckle to a AGC 1" locking buckle to prevent any slipping. The rf pouch disables the right buckle (or left, depending on which side you mount it) because of how it attaches to the harness and theres not enough space to mount a locking buckle on that side, so I replaced the male buckle with an ITW waveloc on the right side. I have no idea if the standard buckles would've slipped, but Ive had issues with them before and went ahead and changed them out. Over the 30 miles I hiked in the mountains on the shoot, I didn't have to retighten the harness once. I do like my bino harness to fit snug, so I was pleased with the performance.

All that being said, I do own a AGC Hybrid harness. My only complaint was that it was on the bulky side but I never really had an issue with it. Its still a damn good harness. But I decided to give the FHF a shot because on how streamlined it looked, and I wont be going back to the AGC.

I would say that if you like your harness to fit loose and not snugged up too tightly, the AGC might be the way to go. If you like the harness tighter and more secured with less bulk out front, then its the FHF. Both really well designed harnesses, but for me the FHF is perfect.

Good Luck with whatever you decide to go with.