Best Binocular Harness

Britt-dog

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using the Kuiu the last few years, but haven't been happy with one handed operation. I struggle with the elastic and my 10x ELs, it was much smoother with shorter Vortex vipers.

Just picked up a Marsupial to use with 12x50 ELs, Haven't been able to try it out yet but I like the front opening with magnets. Only thing I'm skeptical about is the open sides. I'll give the a try the next couple weeks and report back.

Elcy

FNG
Small company out of Wyoming called county 6 predator calls. the harness is a traeger (like the smoker). I just got mine, and it's friggen awesome! Swaro 12x50's fit in it no problem

Last edited:

PONYBOY

Lil-Rokslider
I was using the Badlands case with the magnetic pouch - I wanted more pockets for the range finder so went to the Alaska Guide Creations. I like the Badlands better. Now that the Badlands has the lower pocket for the RF that is what I will go to. So many options out there...

67bronco

FNG
I have the big AGC. have 10x42, my rangefinder, tags, small flashlight, wind checker and a few extra rounds in it. For deer here in SC I grab it and the rifle and I have everything I need. I honestly forget its there

I really like the AGC Kodiak C.U.B., it fits my 10X42 Vipers, range finder, wind checker, tags, eye drops, couple extra shells, etc. I know a lot of people say it's bulky but I've never had an issue with it, the one thing I've never understood about the FHF harness is that everybody buys the rangefinder pouch to put on it (because that's kind of the whole point of a bino harness, so you can have your optics readily available). It seems to me that by the time you buy the FHF harness and range finder pouch you've already spent more money than the AGC and you have just as much bulk, it's just in different places.

Napperm4

WKR
I really like the AGC Kodiak C.U.B., it fits my 10X42 Vipers, range finder, wind checker, tags, eye drops, couple extra shells, etc. I know a lot of people say it's bulky but I've never had an issue with it, the one thing I've never understood about the FHF harness is that everybody buys the rangefinder pouch to put on it (because that's kind of the whole point of a bino harness, so you can have your optics readily available). It seems to me that by the time you buy the FHF harness and range finder pouch you've already spent more money than the AGC and you have just as much bulk, it's just in different places.

Fair point but in my case I like that the fhf, Kuiu etc is laid out differently. When I tried the AGC it was like having another backpack strapped to my chest and constantly in my way. The smaller profile and being able to spread things out is much more favourable for me.

On top of that, some days I want a lot of things with me, other days when just a short walk from the truck in a familiar area I don’t need my rangefinder and extra gear in my Bino harness.

Binos on chest for a quick look, tags and knife in pocket. Same idea as the modular pack systems.

Different preferences for differing folks, luckily there’s more and more options out there with almost every configuration to make everyone happy

smohon

Lil-Rokslider
New Kuiu harness looks interesting. They seem to have addressed some of the issues that existed with the previous model.

There are so many great US made harnesses out there. I’ve been using a horn hunter, it’s actually not bad. I tried an FHF one hike, it was nice, but too minimalistic for me. I have an AGC classic on the way right now, I think I will like all the stuff it carries.

Eric4

Lil-Rokslider
I just got my Adak harness in! Compared to the marsupial, I like the lid action, and full containment. The Adak's pockets are lacking however. It seems like they could only fit tiny items, like elk calls - I can't even put my windicator in securely. The rangefinder pouch is also well designed and quiet. Far superior to what I was using before, the bushnell stock pouch.

The marsupial allowed for a one handed insertion of the windicator, on the side pocket. The front pocket on the marsupial also fit my Suunto MC-2 compass (tightly).

I plan to still keep the Adak, because the main function of the harness is to secure my binoculars. In my case, I use 8x30 porros, so they've got to be put in sideways. On the marsupial, it left one ocular and objective lens open to dust/damage.

Both harness work well with my "Sportsmans Med Kit Steelhead" pouch, which flips out from behind the harness, and fits my tyto 1.1, 4x blades, lighter, flagging tape, sd card reader + spare card, paper map, toilet paper, and a charred cork for a face-paint alternative. Now I'll have to squeeze the compass in the same pouch to keep everything together.

DamnRinella

Lil-Rokslider
With a cheat harness are you going prone with it on or taking it off first? Or never going prone for a shot. Thx!

Jqualls10

FNG
I really like my marsupial bino harness because I prefer to just leave the top open for quick easy access. I only carry bones worth a few hundred so not quite as worries about full coverage 100% of the time. Being able to fold the top over and leave it while hunting without the extra bulk or lid extending out is great for me, but probably not if running expensive glass.

BassAssassin04

Lil-Rokslider
I just got the sitka last year and love it. The zipper seals it up good, but you can also leave the zipper down and just use the magnet. My previous harness opened towards me and I felt the lip was always in my way. I have a marsupial gear rangefinder pouch attached to it. I like everything about it but I wish the rangefinder pouch sealed up better like the bino harness.

Cubby

WKR
I have the KUIU and love it was using the S4 before this setup and I hated the way it pulled on my shoulders.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I tried them all and am back with the AGC. I like the hybrid max it holds my binos, range finder, tags, knife, a few rounds of ammo, bug spray and A snack or 2. Some the other options out there are more compact but they don’t hold everything I want right there.

rokbottom

Lil-Rokslider
RYO with Neoprene cover. Perfection.

A couple questions for you:

How thick is the neoprene that they use for their cover?

Do you use a rangefinder? If so, do you use one of their attachments to connect it to the harness? Does it swing wildly, or pull too much on the cord?

BluMtn

WKR
I have mentioned in other posts, I have been using the S4 for several years and really like it. It is a minimalist cover, but I wear it under my coat because I usually have my coat open or am taking it off or putting it on so don't want to pulling the bino harness on and off all the time. That being said "if" I was going to upgrade for some reason I would look at the new bino harness from KUIU, it is still compact and not like strapping a pack to your chest. And if you do by from KUIU make sure you keep your receipts so you can prove you bought it from them for warranty purposes. I learned that the hard way.