Best Binos under $750?

Titaniumman

Lil-Rokslider
I can get 10x42 Zeiss Conquest HD binos for $749.99 but I am wondering if that is the best bang for the buck? I know there are a multitude of opinions on this so fire away, but tell me why you think your choice is as good or better.

To answer your question, I think the Conquest HD is very competitive in its price point.

If I were spending $750 or so on a pair, I would scour for a used pair of the newer Vortex Razor HDs (owned) or the Nikon EDG I's (own). The Razor HDs because they are bright and very lightweight. The EDGs are just stunning optically, clear edge to edge, neutral, amazing resolution across the field. The other option would be an earlier generation Swarovski SLC (owned). These go for $7s occasionally on eBay and can be serviced readily.

Bob

Lil-Rokslider
I used the Vortex Viper HD 10X42 last season...I think they are great and they meet your price point....Light weight too at 24.6 ounces

dotman

WKR
I can get 10x42 Zeiss Conquest HD binos for $749.99 but I am wondering if that is the best bang for the buck? I know there are a multitude of opinions on this so fire away, but tell me why you think your choice is as good or better.

I have these in 8x42 and really like them, now there are better but these work so well I see no reason to complain or upgrade. That is a great deal but really it all depends on your eyes and they work really well for my eyes.

If you can try them out first I would, also don't forget to see what demos Doug has at cameralandny.

That is a good price for those ziess, I've been looking for a couple months and compairing. Those are my first or second choice at this point, I have been looking for new one's and they are 1,000.00 at the store (I'm in Wa st). I will probably end up with the vortex razor simply because of there lifetime warrenty, Zeiss has a limited warrenty and it's at their discreation to fix or not fix. I like the zeiss glass just a tiny bit better, and the proven name.

jpratt

FNG
I also have the vortex Viper HD 10x42. Excellent glass for the money! $550 shipped. The Ziess are probaly better but are $200 more and the warrenty with the Vortex is second to none! In the end it is what is best for you.

dotman

WKR
That is a good price for those ziess, I've been looking for a couple months and compairing. Those are my first or second choice at this point, I have been looking for new one's and they are 1,000.00 at the store (I'm in Wa st). I will probably end up with the vortex razor simply because of there lifetime warrenty, Zeiss has a limited warrenty and it's at their discreation to fix or not fix. I like the zeiss glass just a tiny bit better, and the proven name.

Well your not 100% correct the conquest HD binos have a 5 year no fault and then drop to the limited lifetime.

Backstrap

FNG
x2 on the Vortex Viper. You can get better glass but you're going to spend a whole lot more money to do so.

OR Archer

WKR
I just received my Vortex Viper HD 10x50s a couple of weeks ago. Super happy with these binos. And the warranty is great too.

JNDEER

WKR
If your looking for an upgrade to last you a while, I would save another $250 and get a pair in the $1000 (unless you find them used cheaper) as I saw a bigger difference between those and the $700 class bino.

The conquest HD focused so so in cabelas when I did my review, but to my eyes it was clear in the store that the Razor and cabelas euro hd (meopta HD) where a step better. they gathered more light and showed the sign inside of the canoe clearer and more crisp. ( see post my quest for the one for longer explanation).

Besides waiting to get the $1k, you should at the bare minimum try them out at a store before you purchase any pair.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I agree the Viper HDs are very good in their price range, but I am with JNDEER, the Razors and Meostar HDs get you to the next level.

I picked up my 10x42 razor hd's for $950 locally, like was said above if you could swing another 200 you get into some hd binos. A guys gotta draw the line somewhere though.

dotman

WKR
I think the conquest HD hold their own with the vortex razor hd but maybe I'm biased. Really it all depends on your own eyes as jndeer proved with his great test. Too bad he didn't take the conquest hd home to try outside but it just didn't work with his eyes.

So if you need other gear you will not be disappointed in the conquest he at all but if you have everything and no other upgrades are needed I would look at the meopta binos. I don't think the razors are worth an extra $250 over the conquest hd's.

But again that is just my view in looking thru them both during the past season.

Shrek

WKR
Titaniumman , you do have a secret stash of mad money ? If so I'm of the opinion that she could live her whole life and never know about them. If not then you need to start one.

LostArra

WKR
Anybody got a dog house I can live in when the wife finds out I spent a grand on binos? :cool:

Quit thinking about yourself :)
One year I bought my wife a new bow for our anniversary. Got it in my draw weight so I could better instruct her in it's use.
She still hasn't taking up bowhunting so I'm using it until she sees the light.
Got her some arrows for her birthday. She still isn't hunting but I've only broken one of 'em.
Now that you mention it, she needs nice binos.

Last edited: