Best Boot Insoles (thicker is better)?

NABG Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Hi There,

I'm looking for recommendations for high quality hunting boot insoles. My boots are a little bit big for my feet, so I want to buy thicker ones to take up a little bit of the boot over-sizing.

All suggestions are appreciated.

TIA.

ElPollo

WKR
Hi There,

I'm looking for recommendations for high quality hunting boot insoles. My boots are a little bit big for my feet, so I want to buy thicker ones to take up a little bit of the boot over-sizing.

All suggestions are appreciated.

TIA.
In most cases, insoles won’t fix this. You are probably better off saving yourself the torture by selling your boots and getting some that fit right. For insoles, I’ve used the Superfeet Orange for years. They are good, but they compress pretty quickly and are pricey. I was going through 2-4 pairs a year, so I started experimenting with other brands. Spencos work fine. I’ve been using some $18 WalkHero insoles off Amazon for the last 3 months. I liked them enough to replace my last pair of Superfeet with another pair yesterday. So far they don’t compress as fast and also don’t cause hotspots.

OP
NABG Hunter

NABG Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
In most cases, insoles won’t fix this. You are probably better off saving yourself the torture by selling your boots and getting some that fit right. For insoles, I’ve used the Superfeet Orange for years. They are good, but they compress pretty quickly and are pricey. I was going through 2-4 pairs a year, so I started experimenting with other brands. Spencos work fine. I’ve been using some $18 WalkHero insoles off Amazon for the last 3 months. I liked them enough to replace my last pair of Superfeet with another pair yesterday. So far they don’t compress as fast and also don’t cause hotspots.
Thank you for your input.

It seems like I'm between sizes, which is why I sized up.

madcalfe

WKR
ok so a lot of people are recommending super feet. which there great but just keep in mind the different colors contour to different arch heights. but id strongly suggest the trail blazers for you. I was in the same boat as you, got my boots 1/2 size bigger cause I was in-between sizing and my one foot is slightly longer and the trailer blazers are a little thicker so take up more boot volume than the green, blue and orange and actually hold your heels in place.

OP
NABG Hunter

NABG Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
ok so a lot of people are recommending super feet. which there great but just keep in mind the different colors contour to different arch heights. but id strongly suggest the trail blazers for you. I was in the same boat as you, got my boots 1/2 size bigger cause I was in-between sizing and my one foot is slightly longer and the trailer blazers are a little thicker so take up more boot volume than the green, blue and orange and actually hold your heels in place.
I have all of the same exact issues as you. I will definitely look into the Trailblazers. Thank you for your detailed input!

tntrker

WKR
I have both the orange and green Superfeet soles. I prefer the green ones in my hunting/hiking boots, orange ones in my "everyday" boots.

OP
NABG Hunter

NABG Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
To take up volume I use a liner or thicker sock. When I tried orange super feet my heel was raised too much. Didn’t lock in the pocket like it does with thinner insoles.
Yep, I do the same. I prefer a thin liner sock and a medium weight wool sock. Done it for years. When I do it with these boots they're still a little bit looser than I like though.

BBob

WKR
You can use an insole of your choosing and add insole shims to fit. They come in two thicknesses. A lot of specialty outdoor shops that do boot fitting carry the same. Ski/snowboard shops that do boot fitting will also have them. There used to be dense rubber ones available that were referred to as "iron" spacers around here.

Was about to make a post about insoles however after reading this I’m going to try some superfeet

In the past I have used Superfeet Greens and Trailblazers. Last year I decided to try a bunch of different insoles to see if I could achieve more comfort/less fatigue. I ordered multiple sets from cheaper Amazon options up to more expensive options. During my training hikes I would put a different insole in each boot. I kept rotating like that to compare them and eventually settled on Tread Labs Pace insoles with high arch support. I have been very happy with them. You can get then on sale for about half off quite often.

Meant to add that the Pace insoles added just enough volume that I can't use them in my tightest fitting boots. I would need to get a half size bigger in then to use the insoles.