Best boots for rocks?

Lowg08

WKR
So I’ve been noticing this fall. I slip on rocks much more than last year. In March i went to scarpa ZG lite. I really do like them and all. They are light and carrying a heavy pack doesn’t effect me. Only had a hot spot on each heel the first day I wore them. Now for the issue. I hunt allot in Boulder fields and rock faces and steep terrain. WNC mountains. It can also be wet depending on the amount of rain. I’ve noticed over the past month considering I’ve been hunting like stated about boulder fields all
The time and I fine myself even though it’s firm footing slipping on dry rocks. I can’t place it. I use trekking sticks and even at times today I would test it and it was like no grip at all. Almost having to baby step around rocks. I didn’t have this issue with Salomons but they don’t have a wide and I think in age my foot is widening. Can anyone point me in a direction? I need to be able to really move it to get to my spots before daylight. That is difficult to do when your tripping and falling like a drunk chick after her bachelorette party.

I strongly prefer some good trail runners for Talusis/Boulder fields. I think that the flexible sole makes balancing and going from porch to perch much easier than in some stuff MTN boots of which I also have and use occasionally. Currently running lasportiva ultra raptors which excel on big blocks they are extremely grippy

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
I strongly prefer some good trail runners for Talusis/Boulder fields. I think that the flexible sole makes balancing and going from porch to perch much easier than in some stuff MTN boots of which I also have and use occasionally. Currently running lasportiva ultra raptors which excel on big blocks they are extremely grippy
I have been looking at the crispi Attiva mid gtx. Just hesitate when it comes to how well they help
Me handle weight. My ankles are good. Knees not so much

Those are a lot burliert than what I usually run. I am not convinced that a supportive boot does anything good for anyone's ankles or knees. But those look relatively attractive for being something you'd call a boot. Probably the biggest thing with trail runners for hunting imo is dealinging with getting wet then drying and building the foot strength to handle all the twisting when off trail.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
I believe they are a good middle ground boot/shoe. I hope at least. I just need to be able to have better grip too

So in the world of tires sipping or "biting edges" give you traction.
Id buy a cheap wood burning kit. Or an oscillating multi tool and cut the tread blocks in half.

But this may cause the sole to wear quickly.

But if you can't stand up what good are they anyways.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
Irish setter!
No. I will not do that ever again. I tried one pair and they are junk. Maybe something has changed in ten years but they won’t get anymore money from me.

If you like a stiffer boot I have been incredibly impressed with the traction of the Salewa Raven 3. Boot had other issues but traction and comfort wise I couldn’t be happier. A light trail runner with minimal ankle support is about the last thing I want in boulder fields/shale/scree slopes.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
Gonna bring this back up. Anyone tried the attiva