Best Boots for west coast

tdot

WKR
Any good lighter mountaineering boot that fits your foot, add waterproof gaiters and you're set.

I'm loving the Scarpa Ribelle HD with the Outdry liner, they are far more water proof/breathable then any Goretex based boot I've used. Combined with the Kuiu Yukon gaiters (or any decent gaiter) and wet feet are a thing of the past.

Davishii

FNG
Kenetreks are absolute garbage. Threads are full of blister stories and they are true. I bought mountain guides and they ruined a hunt that cost me a couple thousand dollars. The stories all say that you need to break them in. That doesn’t work. I walked over 50 miles in mine before I went out hunting. When you get into steeper terrain they still blister your feet. My feet were destroyed after hiking 2.5 Miles in the mountains and my hunt was over. Don’t risk it. Get boots without the blister stories. There are many out there. My Lowas were great right out of the box, even in the mountains. I have put in some miles in my life, in the Marines, and through years in the mountains. I have hiked in combat boots, jungle boots, lowas, danners. I have never had blisters like I got in kenetreks. And even worse is the service. They want you to pay to ship them in so they can stretch the heel cup. Which may or may not fix the problem.

madcalfe

WKR
Kenetreks are absolute garbage. Threads are full of blister stories and they are true. I bought mountain guides and they ruined a hunt that cost me a couple thousand dollars. The stories all say that you need to break them in. That doesn’t work. I walked over 50 miles in mine before I went out hunting. When you get into steeper terrain they still blister your feet. My feet were destroyed after hiking 2.5 Miles in the mountains and my hunt was over. Don’t risk it. Get boots without the blister stories. There are many out there. My Lowas were great right out of the box, even in the mountains. I have put in some miles in my life, in the Marines, and through years in the mountains. I have hiked in combat boots, jungle boots, lowas, danners. I have never had blisters like I got in kenetreks. And even worse is the service. They want you to pay to ship them in so they can stretch the heel cup. Which may or may not fix the problem.
hmm im going on 4 years with my kennetreks and have never gotten a blister... everyone's feet are different and apparently yours just dont like kennetreks..... and to say they suck in the mountains isnt really true either... kinda sounds like you didn't make a effort to train in steeper terrain while carrying weight before your hunt....

Clrems77

WKR
Schenee Beartooths. As solid and durable as Kennetreks without the break in period. Both Schenees Ive owned have literally been comfy right out of the box with little to no break in.

Nate Abe

FNG
I’m very happy with my Zamberlan boots. Comfortable right out of the box and they have stood up well to quite a bit of abuse. I think the ones I am using are the GTX.