best budget dialable scope recommendations

OP
Blaw

Blaw

WKR
sooooo I got a couple swfa scopes up here....not in the desired MOA tho...they are mrad....is it tough to convert? considering this will be my first setup dialing for elevation?

OP
Blaw

Blaw

WKR
Have you checked out the Nightforce SHV 3-10x42mm ? Under $1200 Cad. and very reliable tracking.

No I havent! I always assumed Nightforce was far above that price range! I will look into it.

anyone have any experience with the nikon black fx1000?

Ram94

WKR
No I havent! I always assumed Nightforce was far above that price range! I will look into it.

It’s very compact for a scope that’s meant to dial if that’s what you’re after. Roughly 20 oz and under 12” in length. Capped turrets, which I wasn’t crazy about at first but I’ve found it to be a non issue.

Wrongside

WKR

Nikon isn’t making rifle scopes anymore, so repair or replacement will no longer be a warranty option. Just FYI.

pab

FNG
the new vortex Razor LHT 3-15x42 looks like a lightweight feature heavy scope for around 1k. Ready to see some more reviews on it.

Wrongside

WKR
Nikon has stated they WILL honor all rifle scope warranties even though they’re discontinuing production.

Yup. But that will most likely be refund/credit on units damaged/broken beyond repair. At least once replacement stock runs out.

OP
Blaw

Blaw

WKR
Bushnell is doing closeouts on the 3500, 4500, 6500 line. I just bought a 4500 w bcd reticle.

They aren't a bad scope, have decent reputation out to 500 yards from what I hear. Cheaper than the swfa scopes $ by a bunch.

Do you know the differences between those series? I just came across some decent reviews on the 4200 series.

Wrongside

WKR
anyone have experience with the bushnell elite 4200?
Good scopes. (Owned a 4200 & 3200 10x Tac quite a few years back.) But most models weren’t meant for dialing, and the ones that were, mixed MOA turrets with Mildot rets. (An absolute nonstarter for this guy.) At least the ones I’m aware of were mixed.

One range trip, maybe a little study, and you’ll likely prefer MRAD. ;)

Hell, I'd think Canadians would be more familiar with metric measurements so the common "I think in inches" reasoning for MOA should hold even less water. MRAD all the way.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Which model??

I shot a black tail at 1,250 yards with my MeoPro 4-14 x44 which sits on my .260. I have the same scope on 2 other rifles as well now. Simple Z plex reticle and dial away. It dials as reliably as any other scope I’ve tested and verified.

Get a model with their “target turrets” option. Set your zero then unscrew the caps, line them back up with zero, good to go.

Last edited:

BCD

WKR
I shot a black tail at 1,250 yards with my MeoPro 4-14 x44 which sits on my .260. I have the same scope on 2 other rifles as well now. Simple Z plex reticle and dial away. It dials as reliably as any other scope I’ve tested and verified.

Get a model with their “target turrets” option. Set your zero then unscrew the caps, line them back up with zero, good to go.

Sweet! Do they make an MRAD version?

TxxAgg

WKR

Great to hear. I have a couple Meopta Meopro's but havent taken them even half that far