best budget dialable scope recommendations

"that would be up to that guy, it's not against Canadian laws. I would just go pick one up from across the border but apparently USA border guys will randomly check people...which would suck. "

The only customs people you will encounter going from the USA to Canada are the Canadians customs personnel. You will not be stopped by US customs unless you are going to opposite direction. Unless Canadian customs have some regulations that would prohibit bringing it back, buy one while visiting the US and bring it home.

Yarbs003

Lil-Rokslider
I have had good luck with my Burris Veracity 4-20x50. It’s topping a tikka 300 WM and has been solid for me over the past year and a half. I have dialed out to 650 numerous times and it has returned to zero without any issues thus far. My only gripe would be setting the zero stop. It takes a little getting use to but after doing it a couple times it’s not a big deal anymore. Glass is pretty clear up to 15x then gets a little grainy past that but it still has plenty of detail to make accurate shots. Mainly in low light as expected. Reticle is clear and crisp to my eye. Picked up a new one for around 650 USD. Just a heads up on the other models. The 2-10x42 and 3-15x50 are only single pass turrets. The 4-20x50 and 5-25x50 are multi pass. I noticed a few guys surprised by that after purchasing.

BCsteve

WKR
The only customs people you will encounter going from the USA to Canada are the Canadians customs personnel. You will not be stopped by US customs unless you are going to opposite direction. Unless Canadian customs have some regulations that would prohibit bringing it back, buy one while visiting the US and bring it home.
The US won’t let scopes be exported out of the US without the proper export permit. Canada has no issues with scopes coming into Canada, it’s not a Canadian law that prevents it its a US law. US Border Patrol have been know to stop Canadian vehicles before they reach the boarder and search vehicles especially when there’s a gun show not too far from the border. There’s been stories about them patrolling Cabelas and gun show parking lots for Canadian licence plates and radio them ahead.

OP
Blaw

Blaw

WKR
Just an update, I found a 6x swfa here in canada.....man I LOVE IT! so much so I am selling another scope and going to replace it with a swfa or bushnell lrhs

just deciding if I want the 10x or to spend twice as much for the bushnell.....

I shot a black tail at 1,250 yards with my MeoPro 4-14 x44 which sits on my .260. I have the same scope on 2 other rifles as well now. Simple Z plex reticle and dial away. It dials as reliably as any other scope I’ve tested and verified.

Get a model with their “target turrets” option. Set your zero then unscrew the caps, line them back up with zero, good to go.

You flung a bullet out of a 260 to 1250 on an animal?

With a duplex?

Holy smokes. That’s unreal.

What atmospheres were you shooting?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
You flung a bullet out of a 260 to 1250 on an animal?

With a duplex?

Holy smokes. That’s unreal.

What atmospheres were you shooting?

Elevation and temperature for that shot was 330 feet above sea level and 60 degrees Fahrenheit. 3 mph of head wind. He ran 25 yards into a small patch of oak trees and died.

thank you sir! hadnt heard of that shop before I'll be bookmarking it!

Glad to help. They are great to deal with and ship fast, but it's best to have an idea of what product you want before you call them. I recently went through a similar exercise topping my rifles. PM me if you want to chat some more.

Bater

WKR
My Zeiss V4’s have been dialed all over the place and have been 100% solid so far

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
My Zeiss V4’s have been dialed all over the place and have been 100% solid so far

I was really impressed with Zeiss’ tracking accuracy on the two scopes of theirs that I verified using my total station set up. They were actually the most consistent and accurate of any scopes I ran through the tests.

This was with very limited field use though. I’d be curious to see how they hold up after a couple thousand rounds. I plan to re-verify after 500 round count on the .28 Nosler.

Wrongside

WKR
In theory, a guy could import them. PRF will import scopes for $50/unit. Between our weak dollar, and the import fees, the sale price on the scope would have to be pretty good for it to be worthwhile.

fulltiltaudio

Lil-Rokslider
Buy a Vortex they said! They have a great warranty they said! You will get to experience their warranty they said! They were right!

In all fairness, I called on Monday when i noticed it was messed up and had a brand new scope at my door by Friday. But i am certainly having trust issues and will be selling the new one as soon as I get a Night force. "budget" items are OK for some things, but I cant trust my Rifle and scope to "Budget" anymore...and that was a 1,000$ Vortex PST Gen 2 which certainly isnt "Cheap"

I am not someone who is usually very hard on my gear either. This was never dropped or hit hard on anything and my Gun is always in a Case as well.

20200921_162250.jpg

tdhanses

WKR
"that would be up to that guy, it's not against Canadian laws. I would just go pick one up from across the border but apparently USA border guys will randomly check people...which would suck. "

I swear it’s common for many Canadians to have a PO Box in a local town across the border, just hop over and head back after your item is delivered.