Best budget quality rain jacket

Could try the Duluth trading company Alaskan rain wear. That's what I have.. Never had real high end rain gear but this seems to be pretty good quality. I'll often wear it over an uncompagre puffy

OR has some good sales. If you don’t mind a little extra weight, an ACU army Gore-Tex top is a cheap and bombproof option.

LSHD69

FNG
This piece of gear has been highly regarded for at least 20 years. I need rain gear too. Gonna have to check the Precip stuff out again.

Elk97

WKR
I've got to disagree with the Marmot Precip recommendations. Wife and I have had several of them and we keep sending them back because they just don't keep you dry. We were out clamming the other day in a steady light rain and my wife was soaked to the skin by the time we were done ( one hour). And she had sent the last one back not long ago and received a new one from Marmot. Will have to give Marmot points for standing behind their gear but it is NOT waterproof. My Kuiu lightweight rain jacket isn't great in steady rain either so can't really recommend anything to the OP.