Best budget scope?

Ghostbear

Opinion on the best budget scope for a low budget AR? Fell for the reviews on the $60 Amazon CVlife scope and it was junk of course. Windage wouldn't adjust at all.

Got $125, maybe $150 to spend total.

Blue72

Well Known Rokslider
Maybe get a good red dot instead

the sig sauer romeo 5 is literally bulletproof and has a great reputation

manitou1

Well Known Rokslider
I have had at least half a dozen Burris FFII scopes and still own three on my rimfires and one centerfire. None have failed to perform in any condition... and some have been used A LOT. Even better is the Burris Fullfield E1 for a few bucks more.
I don't dial them a bunch like my higher end scopes but all have held zero and returned to zero. IMO they are the best budget scope out there.

Balderdash

Well Known Rokslider
Used Bushnell Elite, Japan Weaver, or Sightron. All comparitivelly rugged scopes that can be had for around $150 or less if you keep watching.

Diablo7

Burris FFII 3-9. Made in Philippines and been around forever.

Never buy a no name optic. If you’re that broke start scavenging cans for the Golden Goat.
I've had a FFII for 10 now and haven't needed to make any adjustments to it since the day I zeroed it. For the price the glass is extremely clear.

JustSomeGuy35

Well Known Rokslider
I will pile on with the others and say the Burris Fullfield II is g2g.

If you're wanting a LPVO, the Athlon Talos BTR 1-4 is pretty nice too and costs about $140. I have one and like the image quality and reticle. It's heavy (18oz) but feels durable. Its a huge step above the Vortex Crossfire 1-4 that I used to have.

If none of that tickles your fancy, check out Primary Arms optics. I have their 2.5x prism sight and it's awesome. Great image quality and very useful reticle, cost is about $230. To be honest, I like it more than my eotech 512.

A-Brakke

Hi Ghostbear,

If your on a budget bottom line I’d go Vortex for the lifetime warranty, covers you long term in the case something happens. That said, Vortex Crossfire II 3x9x40, second focal plane, dead hold BDC. Simple and will do the job for 129.00-150.00. This scope is better than any 3x9 my mentors grew up shooting. And they took loads of animals. Hope this helps in your search.

-Andrew

A-Brakke

Would also second the Burris full field though, they are tried and true. Only reason I mention Vortex first is the warranty, wouldn’t wanna see you spend your money and have something happen. Burris might have awesome customer service though, just never worked with them. Lots of good advice here.

Thinkingman

Well Known Rokslider
Would also second the Burris full field though, they are tried and true. Only reason I mention Vortex first is the warranty, wouldn’t wanna see you spend your money and have something happen. Burris might have awesome customer service though, just never worked with them. Lots of good advice here.
The fact that you've never had to work with Burris CS is another reason to like them.
Too many Vortex and Leupold CS stories for me to want to own one.

A-Brakke

The fact that you've never had to work with Burris CS is another reason to like them.
Too many Vortex and Leupold CS stories for me to want to own one.
You got a point there! I’ve owned a few growing up but not in recent years, my brother shoots a Burris and it’s a great scope though. That said, I’ve worked with both Leopold & Vortex and found their customer service to be exceptional never an issue with the product just my bear paw hands dropping screws. 😂 Although you never know when calling in who you will get and how good their day is going…..maybe I got lucky.