BEST Bull Elk Photo Contest 2016- Sponsored by Kifaru

Gila Wilderness bull killed 3.5 miles from the truck. Packed out with my EMR II. I should have moved my buddies pack frame out of the picture and put the Kifaru in the picture.

My dads Montana bull from yesterday. He shot it about 2 minutes after and 100 yards from where I shot a nice mule deer buck. He's not a member and I'm not trying to post these up for the entry just thought I would put them up to see.

IMG_6338.jpg

IMG_6374.jpg

Not the best pictures since the nice camera died after just a few so these were off the cell phone.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
He's not a member and I'm not trying to post these up for the entry just thought I would put them up to see.

I love seeing good bulls regardless. Great width........what's that measure? I missed a bull like that 2 years ago when my arrow hit a branch I didn't see.......love those wide bulls. Tell your dad, congratulations!

Idaho CTD

Lil-Rokslider
Well I bought a non-resident tag to take a buddy from Washington elk hunting. I got him in on a 6x6 at 150yds and he missed it. So as the 100+ head of elk was trying to split I took off running parallel to them and caught this 5x5 looking up at me. There was a really big bull in the bunch but all I had was a Texas heart shot on him. 1/2 a mile down a 45 degree slope is no easy pack out either. That is the Salmon river in the back ground about 4000' below my elk. That's elk tag #2 of 4 for me this year. The other 2 are cow tags though.

Attachments

• 2016bull#2.jpg
    2016bull#2.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 192
I love seeing good bulls regardless. Great width........what's that measure? I missed a bull like that 2 years ago when my arrow hit a branch I didn't see.......love those wide bulls. Tell your dad, congratulations!

Width was 50" pretty much matching main beam length. Quick score at the taxidermist was 367 today.
I'll put up a better close up in the front yard the next day when I'm on the computer. I happened to find his matched set of sheds this spring also.

Width was 50" pretty much matching main beam length. Quick score at the taxidermist was 367 today.
I'll put up a better close up in the front yard the next day when I'm on the computer. I happened to find his matched set of sheds this spring also.

Took me a little longer but here are the pics. One close up and one with the matching sheds.
IMG_6431.jpg

IMG_6414.jpg

S. Utah Archery Bull ELK. First ELK with my BOW

Such an incredible experience this year to have taken my first ELK with a BOW. I spent most of my summer scouting and learning a foreign area. The time I spent REALLY paid off!!! This will be the new #7 in the UTAH record books for archery Non-Typical ELK. 402 7/8" Gross and 390 7/8" Net.

Last edited:
muzzleloader bull Colorado

First bull with a smoke-pole...

DSC00398_zpsnjrpexxv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC00392_zpsknkod5nu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• DSC00398.jpg
    DSC00398.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC00392.jpg
    DSC00392.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Hayguide

Lil-Rokslider
2016 Colorado 1st Rifle.jpgHere is my 1st season Colorado Unit 75 Elk killed on Oct 16th. I Shot it on my solo drop hunt. I was more concerned on how I was going to get the bull back to camp a mile away than posing for a selfie! This was my picture I took on my phone that I texted my wife and kids! I stayed with the bull and skinned and quartered it under a full moon until about 1AM. Best memories of the trip were gazing at the full moon.

This is a bull I killed in Idaho on the 3rd day of this year's gun season. So thankful to live in a country that allows the freedom to hunt these majestic animals.

The warm weather and lack of snow allowed us to do a backpacking hunt deep into the back country that is generally not accessible to us (those without horses) in the 3rd rifle season. This is me getting ready for a +/- 9 mile hike to the truck with a front quarter, rear quarter and the skull.

My hunting buddy took a really good bull as well, fortunately a couple miles closer to the nearest road but still 6+ miles.