Best caller for $300

When you look at the cheaper ones, I would suggest focusing on remote range vs. how loud they are/other features. Learn how to use hand calls to get your sound out there further and use the e caller to move them into your shooting lane when it's windy. Iotech has been the only cheaper caller I have seen with a decent remote range.

I used a Foxpro banshee and killed a lot of dogs over it. New it was $200. I had zero issues with it. My buddy bought an Icotech and I was not impressed with the sound quality. Another buddy has the Lucky Duck Roughneck and it seemed nice but outside your price range I believe.

For low to mid tier in my opinion Foxpro are the best.

WakeUp

FNG
I’d grab a handful of mouth calls from MFK and practice with them. I’ve been doing better with mouth calls than e calls in the last couple years, and m thinking it’s because everyone has an e-call anymore and they’ve probably heard most the sounds on them.

OP
DLASURE2

DLASURE2

FNG
I’d grab a handful of mouth calls from MFK and practice with them. I’ve been doing better with mouth calls than e calls in the last couple years, and m thinking it’s because everyone has an e-call anymore and they’ve probably heard most the sounds on them.
That is interesting I had an old timer at the trapping shop tell me the same thing. His thoughts were electronic callers talk at the animals mouth calls you can talk to the animals

svivian

WKR
That is interesting I had an old timer at the trapping shop tell me the same thing. His thoughts were electronic callers talk at the animals mouth calls you can talk to the animals
While i agree thats true and I have had good luck with mouth calls. An electronic call is preferable to me because i can set it up out away from me. The coyotes have no idea where i am, if wind is correct, and i have better shots this way.

Educated coyotes will circle a lot further down wind than most people realize. Using a hand call works great, but its hard to kill the coyote that is hundreds of yards down wind of you, where you can't even see them (you need to be hidden if calling - typically not in a great vantage point). Using an ecaller can turn a busted stand or a long shot, into a dead coyote. Also - you won't have much luck calling coyotes with the same sounds they heard before - ecaller or hand caller will both spook them.

WakeUp

FNG
I can get behind that for sure. Those guys do circle way down wind sometimes.
I just know I’ve had much better luck in the last couple years with mouth calls over e callers. The only thing I can put together is regardless if you’ve used the same call at the same coyote, the sequence is going to be slightly different every time.

I do hate realizing how out of shape I am when I’m out of breath just from calling.

The biggest bonus of the e caller (to me) is the call selection put together by pros, and being able to move the sound from your position. But using a decoy, as soon as I see the dog, I generally just shut up and let them key on the decoy. I’ve killed more than a couple who were standing 6’ from the decoy staring at it when the bullet hit them.

duckp

FNG
used fox pro for years could not stand there remotes was afraid to put out over 50 yrds could not count how many times i had to walk back out to move closer, went to ICOtec will never go back put call out as much as 200 yrds never failed to start when you hit button

used fox pro for years could not stand there remotes was afraid to put out over 50 yrds could not count how many times i had to walk back out to move closer, went to ICOtec will never go back put call out as much as 200 yrds never failed to start when you hit button
I had the exact same experience, switched to the ICOtec outlaw 2-3yrs ago and it has been phenomenal.
My only disclaimer is that i did not try the latest & greatest FoxPro because my previous 2 FoxPros left me with a bad taste in my mouth and i wasn't going to be fooled again.