Best Camera when water is involved

I had plan this summer to make sure to take lots of pictures of trips. I wanted to make sure I got some quality photos so I packed my friends DSLR camera in a water proof bag and put it in a backpack. The plan was to use it to take quailty pics when I knew the chance of dropping the camera in the river was low. Well after spending the day wading, climbing and falling in the river the whole day the camera never made it out of the backpack. Good news it never got wet but bad news is I did not get any pics. I did have my IPhone on me and was able to take some great pics. But I know the quality will not be there when I try to print them.

I need a camera that can hang from my neck or on my belt/pocket. It has to be light enough and small enough that it doesnt get in the way. It has to be waterproof, take great pics that I can blow up to 11*14 size, have 4k video.

I was looking at the Olympus TG-6. It seems to fit the job.

Any reviews people want to share with the Olympus TG-6 or TG-5. Or maybe look at another camera. Looking to stay under a $1000 for the camera and accessories.

Thanks

The TG6, due out shortly is a great option. Waterproof, drop proof and cold proof. It has 4k video and an awesome fast lens. The TG5 is phased out.
This is, by far, the best camera for what you described
It also has this very cool feature:
Field Sensor System and Built-In Wi-FiIdeal for recording data while shooting in the outdoors, the Field Sensor System includes a GPS module, manometer, compass, and a temperature sensor. This data, along with the photos and movies themselves, can be transferred to a smartphone via Wi-Fi where the tracking data can be embedded or overlaid onto the images themselves using the Image Track app. Additionally, both photos and videos can be searched-for using recorded tracking data.

In addition to wireless transfer, the built-in Wi-Fi also allows you to remotely control the camera and wirelessly share images to a linked smartphone or tablet.

Give me a call to discuss this or any other cameras

lvtuna

FNG
i have the TG5 model. We canyoneer here in NV, UT,and CA. It gets abused in slot canyons, Under water most of the time even iced over water.. Tossed and dropped many times. Still is taking fantastic photos for a point and shoot camera.