Best Cell Cam?

I have been using the cuddelink system this year and not impressed with the detention range. They seem over priced for what I get. What are yall using?

Ondavirg

Lil-Rokslider
Spartan had been good for me for the last 5 years. I like them even more now that you can buy data directly from them. The ability to have a high def pic sent is great.

Attachments

• E1E76A10-9844-490B-872F-A301A7A62641.jpeg
    E1E76A10-9844-490B-872F-A301A7A62641.jpeg
    553.5 KB · Views: 17

craigp

FNG
I think it depends what you are looking for. On our property we use Moultrie, Spypoint, Muddy, Tactacam, and Stealth Cam. We are just using ours to see what bucks are running around the property. I’ve been happy with all of them except for the Stealth Cam, given the sporadic cell signals we get on the property. I think any of them would serve you well if used within their limitations.

Have the following:

Browning - Defender, Defender pro-scout, Defender ridgeline. The defender (original) is black flash and the scout is low glow, both have worked well. Ridgelines have been garbage reliability wise. Daytime thumbnails are pretty good for all, detection circuits have been good. Browning data plans are the least economical of any i use.

Spypoint - Cell link, link-dark, link-s dark. Cell link is a cheap but shitty solution with functionality and reliability limitations. The link-dark and link-s dark are picture takin machines. Great detection circuit, great battery life, mediocre to average pictures. Spypoint frequently gets a bad rap reliability wise, i think a lot of it is from their cheap link-micro line. The only issue i've seen with the link-dark and link-s dark is there is not a good seal on the battery location and insects and other shit can get in there. I'd put them below some others for reliability still because of this but not as terrible as made out to be by people who've had the link-micros shit the bed.

Ridgetec Lookout - My favorite by far. Good battery life, most configurable options and control BY FAR. Good night images for a no glow cam. You can get low quality video sent to your phone for cheap or all the way up to 1080 video to your phone. Even using video on many of them, my monthly data cost per cam is the cheapest of all my cell cams model. Mediocre daytime pics.

Tacticam reveal SK - This is new so limited time in the field. Detection seems pretty good, thumbnail image quality is very good, cell reception seems great. The app and configuration/control suck. You're very limited in settings and transmittal of images. You get a lot of bang for your buck though i'm still skeptical of long term reliability just based off of reading a bunch on the reveal x.

Spartan - never used but has a good reputation for reliability. Can get cheap unlimited plans by linking to existing cell phone plans. Some reviews historically claim poor detection circuits.

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
Spartan are the best cell cams on the market. If you feel the cuddelinks are expensive for what you get, you probably wont like the spartan price though. Tactacam is nothing compared to the spartan, and the range is garbage. Browning defenders are decent. I want to get some of the covert cells too, they seem great and their regular cams are.

I won’t say Spartans are “the best”, but I’ve been using Spartans and their predecessor HCO cell cams for about 10 years. My old 2g HCO cameras are still running as non cell cams and still take great pictures. I’ve just upgraded from 3g to 4g Spartans, and the reception on the 4g’s is exponentially better than the 3g’s ever were.