Best Cell Trail Camera's for 2020

I also have a Ridgetec Lookout and it is by far my favorite cellular camera. Daytime and Nightime pictures are fabulous, the video trigger is extremely fast. I have multiple videos of a buck chasing does past my camera at a trot and the camera catches both the buck and doe crossing.

The Spartans are good but the Ridgetec is better!

OP
BuckWild41
I also have a Ridgetec Lookout and it is by far my favorite cellular camera. Daytime and Nightime pictures are fabulous, the video trigger is extremely fast. I have multiple videos of a buck chasing does past my camera at a trot and the camera catches both the buck and doe crossing.

The Spartans are good but the Ridgetec is better!
That's some endorsement for Ridgetec. Everyone I know who has them, says Spartan's are the best they ever used. I'll have to check out Ridgetec

NDGuy

WKR
Man wish someone else besides Spypoint would come out with a decently priced camera. $300-400 per camera is insane especially not being put on private land.

OP
BuckWild41
Man wish someone else besides Spypoint would come out with a decently priced camera. $300-400 per camera is insane especially not being put on private land.
That's a chunk of change to lose just because some scum bag decides he needs it more than you

That's some endorsement for Ridgetec. Everyone I know who has them, says Spartan's are the best they ever used. I'll have to check out Ridgetec

I know and I love my Spartans, they do exactly what they are asked to do and have never failed me. However the Ridgetec does everything they do as well and takes better pictures and has better video capability. I aso believe the app options and website setting etc gives you more flexibility in how you want to use your camera.

I believe the guy who owns Ridgetec USA is the main programmer behind much of what Spartan did with their mobile app etc.

SoDaky

WKR
Tried a few.Spartans by far the most reliable.I currently have 8 running in 2 States.Verizon-$5 per month.Not one single failure in years of use.

Edit:I have not tried Ridgetecs.

Last edited:

wrkn2hunt

FNG
I run 15-20 cams and 5 of those being cell cams. I run the spypoint Evo and a couple of Micros. Both work but I run 12V batteries with solar on them and never have to touch them. If there is an issue customer service can be a hassle but they do take care of you. I don't think there is another option even close to as affordable as they are.

Trekenc

FNG
Yes, I think I’m down to the Spartan and Exodus. The Exodus seem very reliable and I believe have a lifetime warranty
My exodus lift ll did not last two years. Water leaked into the battery compartment which corroded the terminals. I got sick of constantly cleaning them. Sent there service department an email requesting parts, they asked me to send it in and the parts would be replaced. Great. I did just that and shortly got a reply that it was full of bugs and the circut board was shot which is not covered under warrenty (funny it was working when I sent it in). They will not send me my camera back but are offering 50 percent off a new one in which they have not had in stock since I sent it in in september. Customer Service is terrible. The pictures from the camera were average, as was the flash. I would look elsewhere for a company that stands behind there product.

strut22

FNG
Tried a few.Spartans by far the most reliable.I currently have 8 running in 2 States.Verizon-$5 per month.Not one single failure in years of use.

Edit:I have not tried Ridgetecs.
Do you add these cams on to your current Verizon plan or is it $5 a month stand alone

crosey5

FNG
What is all the hype with the Tactacam Reveals? Are these purely a price point type of camera or are they actually good cameras? You can't find them at any retailer, in store or online.

BCD

WKR
What is all the hype with the Tactacam Reveals? Are these purely a price point type of camera or are they actually good cameras? You can't find them at any retailer, in store or online.
Ive heard great things about them and plan on buying a pair for next year

I used two of them this past deer season and prefer them over my Covert. Ease of use, IR distance and easy to use app. They have been great cameras ! I contacted the company and they said They are currently producing the “updated version” and is why you can’t find them. I hope this version is at or near same price point. $99 bucks vs $300 for the Covert

crosey5

FNG
I used two of them this past deer season and prefer them over my Covert. Ease of use, IR distance and easy to use app. They have been great cameras ! I contacted the company and they said They are currently producing the “updated version” and is why you can’t find them. I hope this version is at or near same price point. $99 bucks vs $300 for the Covert
Thanks for the feedback. I look forward to the updated version.

I had really good luck with a Cell-Link paired with a Browning Dark ops. I had 2 Cuddbacks they were by far the most reliable camera as far as service had a farm where absolutely no one gets phone service but it worked flawlessly. I just hated the size and the detection zone was terrible missed a lot of action. I lost the farm so I’m fixing to sell both cuddebacks. Gonna try the Reveals or more cell links.

ADR

FNG
I used 2 tacticam reveals this past season and was very pleased. The only thing that I don’t love about them is they are not a black flash camera.

pk_

WKR
Yep! Exactly. If they dump a couple times a day they won’t be constantly transmitting if they’re in high traffic areas.

that’s being said -energizer lithium last forever it seems.
Man I am running those batteries in mine and they have barely gone down in 3 months. I just bought another because Walmart.com has them on sale for $89 wish I could buy 10 more.