Best Cell Trail Camera's for 2020

Is anybody currently running a cell trail camera?

If so, how do you like it compared to the standard trail camera?

Curious as to what the esteemed folks here think is the best cell trail camera on the market right now

Browning is offering a cell cam this year that looks promising.

I only have first hand experience with Stealth Cam cell cameras. I have 3 of them that I used this past year and had good luck with. Only Negative to them was they are very hard on batteries. Lithiums only last a month.

The Spartans get good reviews as does the Coverts, and the Exodus cams.

OP
BuckWild41

I only have first hand experience with Stealth Cam cell cameras. I have 3 of them that I used this past year and had good luck with. Only Negative to them was they are very hard on batteries. Lithiums only last a month.

Yes, I think I’m down to the Spartan and Exodus. The Exodus seem very reliable and I believe have a lifetime warranty

I run 10 x spypoint link micros here in BC. They work great. Just make sure that you set them up to transmit on a schedule not on detection. They update automatically too. I run them with lithium batteries and they last 6-8 months.

OP
BuckWild41
I run 10 x spypoint link micros here in BC. They work great. Just make sure that you set them up to transmit on a schedule not on detection. They update automatically too. I run them with lithium batteries and they last 6-8 months.
Is scheduling them to transmit on "schedule only" easier on the battery and promotes longer battery life?

Went to the Spartan last year....... 12 batteries lasted 7 months....... 3000+ pictures and a 10 second video with each one........ photos sent to my cell phone and to my computer...... Was using the Multre Mobil..... many issues with them..... Spartan works great....... make sure you get the right cell phone provider option!!! Verizon worked great for me!!

I was able to get my hands on a Browning and used it last season. I am a fan! First cell cam I have owned but a friend has ran Spypoint and Moultrie and likes the Browning the best. I am still using the same batteries today that I installed in October. I have had good results with their customer service on other cameras in the past as well.

OP
BuckWild41
I was able to get my hands on a Browning and used it last season. I am a fan! First cell cam I have owned but a friend has ran Spypoint and Moultrie and likes the Browning the best. I am still using the same batteries today that I installed in October. I have had good results with their customer service on other cameras in the past as well.
Do the pics/videos automatically upload to you phone or computer? I've been getting conflicting stories here

You can choose different settings. I have mine set to send pics to my phone three times per day. You can also choose instant so it sends right when pic is taken. Best thing I like is you can change settings from your phone.

I researched the heck out of these last summer. Wanted to go with the spartan but because I already had Verizon unlimited data for my cell phone, the only option for data was $20/month and $40 activation every time I wanted to start service. Since I am cheap I wanted to only pay for data from September through December. I then purchased a spypoint link. It worked OK for a month or so and then started acting really odd before shutting down completely. I have a friend who runs covert cams and he likes them. I really like the spypoint activation process - very easy and done through their app. Their app also gives you a free data plan if you don't want to pay for the actual plan (only 100 photos per month). If you have non - cellular cams, spypoint is coming out with a cellular device called a cell-link that turns your existing trail cam into a cell cam. I am planning on trying a couple of these when they come out. Hope that helps!

I researched the heck out of these last summer. Wanted to go with the spartan but because I already had Verizon unlimited data for my cell phone, the only option for data was $20/month and $40 activation every time I wanted to start service. Since I am cheap I wanted to only pay for data from September through December. I then purchased a spypoint link. It worked OK for a month or so and then started acting really odd before shutting down completely. I have a friend who runs covert cams and he likes them. I really like the spypoint activation process - very easy and done through their app. Their app also gives you a free data plan if you don't want to pay for the actual plan (only 100 photos per month). If you have non - cellular cams, spypoint is coming out with a cellular device called a cell-link that turns your existing trail cam into a cell cam. I am planning on trying a couple of these when they come out. Hope that helps!

It sounds to me like they were quoting incorrectly on the verizon cost. I have the unlimited plan also and run my cameras for $5/month. I also then have the cost of the spartan premium at $8/month but only when I am running the camera.

The Spartan camareas are awesome and I have had very very issues with mine.

cavu

FNG
Yesterday, I installed a Ridgetec Lookout on our place. The day/night pics so far have exceeded my expectations and will be installing a couple more. They come with both an ATT/Verizon sim card. I was concerned about reception since my cell phone usually averages 1-2 bars. With an external booster antenna, I am able to get 4 bars and great pics via the app. 10K pics are ~$15.00 per month and each additional cameras is $6.00 per month. So far, so good.

Attachments

• 04D815A9-EAE3-4251-9345-48C4D39F9A7A.jpeg
    04D815A9-EAE3-4251-9345-48C4D39F9A7A.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 39
OP
BuckWild41
Yesterday, I installed a Ridgetec Lookout on our place. The day/night pics so far have exceeded my expectations and will be installing a couple more. They come with both an ATT/Verizon sim card. I was concerned about reception since my cell phone usually averages 1-2 bars. With an external booster antenna, I am able to get 4 bars and great pics via the app. 10K pics are ~$15.00 per month and each additional cameras is $6.00 per month. So far, so good.
That's great to hear about the external antenna booster. I've only seen a marginal difference in the one's I've used.