Best Clicker for a somewhat Noob...

Anye425

FNG
Hello! Gotta question in regards to best brand/style clicker to use on a recurve. I have always dabbled in archery off and on most my life, but this year I took the plunge and committed to trad and plan on hunting archery this fall. I am wanting to go ahead and set up a clicker in order to help with my consistency and looking for recommendations as far as quality and the ability to set it up to be quiet enough to leave on to hunt....
Thanks in advance!

Rob5589

WKR
Clickety Klick. Ditch the chain/string combo and use some d loop cord. Couple wraps of scotch tape will quiet it down. There's videos online on how to swap the cord out but, it's pretty self explanatory once in hand.

bobinmi

WKR
/\ this. I'll add to that though. I think the clickers that are not draw length dependent are a personal choice for people that use them to combat target panic. As someone relatively new to a stickbow, the clickety click works well to teach you consistent form in a way that the bow or tab mounted clicker do not.

Cng

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with both posts above. The draw-length dependent Clickety Click helped me consistently hit my correct draw length to improve much faster. I've still got it on my bow, and I don't think I'll graduate from it any time soon.

Note about quieting the clicker: don't overdo it. It will be WAY quieter in the cold than it is this summer. I taped mine until I could just barely hear it. It was more of a feel in the string. But when I drew back on a very cold hunt, I could neither hear nor feel it. I had to remove some tape. Also be careful of your hat brim touching the string. It feels very similar to the clicker in your hand.

I don't know if it was necessary, but I found a video online of a guy who installed the clicker base on the limb and then covered it in electrical tape. He said that kept out the moisture and kept the tape on the base from coming loose. I did the same and haven't had any issues over 2+ years of hunting and 3D club shoots.