Best Climbers

diggerak

FNG
I use a locon with 3 sticks faster and less choosy. Weight is around 12# with mods I've done

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

BravoKilo

FNG
My $0.02 go for Treewalker as a few others have mentioned. Weighs in at 17 pounds or so. The biggest pro, which can also be a con, is the size of the thing... great for lounging up in a tree all day, however hiking through thicker brush can be a bit annoying. I definitely recommend the Third Hand Archery stabilizer straps... once they're tightened down, the stand isn't moving at all. Most comfortable climber I've been in

Ww874

FNG
Summit viper. I have the 180 which I don't think is made anymore but the 360 is similar. Easy to use and so comfortable.

Grumman

WKR
I got a Treewalker last year and that thing is comfortable. I found it easy to climb with also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ww874

FNG
I checked out the treewalkers but it looks like they have the pins on the cables. Never fun when you drop one of those in the dark.

BDLutz

FNG
Hey tree stand hunters,

I am looking to lighten up from my current gorilla climber. I am looking for recommendations, trying to find a balance between weight and comfort. Thanks in advance for any input.
Summits, have been by far my favorite climbers for the price and comfort! Been running and gunning with my viper for over 5 years. Not a tree slip yet, and i use it countless times throughout the year due to hunting public land and not wanting my hang ons stolen.

Rambler

FNG
Another Summit guy here! Pick whichever one you can comfortably fit in. I'm a big guy so I like the Goliath.

Elkhntr08

WKR
I have a LW Assault climber and a Summit Viper and they both have their place. Love packing the LW in. Light, compact and easy to set up, but not the best for all day sitting. For all day sits, the Viper comes out. Heavier, bulkier and for me, cumbersome hook up, but super comfortable.
Tree walkers look like the Ol Man stands we used to use. Had one, liked it but didn’t love it. Comfortable to sit in, bulky to carry and could be a PITA to hook up in the dark.
Never had any of these stands slip while climbing, can’t say that for the old Loggy Bayou stands.

I've only owned the original summit viper, a lone wolf sit and climb II and a summit viper elite SD. The summit viper elite SD is the cats meow for me at a dreamy 17lbs, they recently stopped making them but I'm sure you could still find a used one. The reasons I chose it over lone wolf are; less moving parts to tinker with before I go up the tree, the platform isnt as slick in icy weather, and the steel cables can be ripped through a small branch or rough bark where as the cable on lone wolf bends and catches on stuff. The Viper elite SD doesnt have a very comfy seat (can be upgraded) but I deal with it for all the other benefits. See if you can try some out before you buy to see what you like.

For speed/weight it’s hard to beat the lone wolf assault. I believe it’s still the lightest out there. However I have many sits in an aluminum summit viper and most people would find that much more comfortable.definetly easier to climb with as well. Both have been highly durable however I have seen some cracking in the early summits, not sure about now.

pahunter3

FNG
I have a lone wolf hand climber that I can take anywhere no problem. Would definitely recommend

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I've test climbed with a few different brands.....including the LW hand climber with the seat attachment.....and will stick with my Summit Viper SL any day. The LW may be more compact and a bit lighter, but I am much more confident with the Summit going up and down the tree. Plus the Summit is much more comfortable. I took off the stock Summit "recliner seat" pad and got a Slumper web seat to cut down on the bulk. Not as cushy, but I like the handling of it better.

hoshour

FNG
I've used a Viper for years, looking now at the Jester from X-Stand. 17 lbs with what looks to be a comfortable seat with back and arm rests.

hoshour

FNG
One thing I did with my old Summit Viper was to fill the tubes with construction foam and put adhesive rubber tape on strategic places. It added almost no weight and it is now way more quiet. You can't get a more comfortable stand.