Best Climbers

fatlander

WKR
It comes down to ultimate comfort or ultimate packability and stealth. Which one is more important?

Summits are all day comfortable, bulkier and louder setting up and climbing

Lonewolf are silent and pack better than anything out there, but not anywhere near the realm of summit comfort

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used many different climbers through the years but my favorite is the Tree Lounge. I've got 2 of them with the bow platforms to stand up on that I've been using every year for many years. They are still going strong. You can climb a steel light pole with them if you want. Solid as a rock and very comfortable. They're not light though.

OP
S

Studs1991

FNG
It would be best if the op could tell us if he's interested in hand climbers or if sit and climbs are a must. I'd make very different recommendations based on what the preferences are.

I appreciate all the replies! Also, I am kind of open to the idea of a hand climber or sit and climb. My biggest issue is that the stand I have is currently too heavy. While I do all day sits, I feel like I can compromise some comfortability for reduced weight. Additionally, I would like to prioritize a stand that is easy to get on a tree.

OP
S

Studs1991

FNG
It comes down to ultimate comfort or ultimate packability and stealth. Which one is more important?

Summits are all day comfortable, bulkier and louder setting up and climbing

Lonewolf are silent and pack better than anything out there, but not anywhere near the realm of summit comfort

Thanks for the reply. Definitely going to consider a lone wolf

Here's a buck I got in my Lone Wolf sit and climb this year. Easy to carry in or out. Easy to setup. Easy to climb with and very comfortable. I'm a tall guy, so I prefer this climber over most lock ons.
00ee2e72e4aa5e549031b61569927669.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Gutshotem

WKR
I've used a lot of different stands over the last 30yrs. Only 2 I have now are a treewalker and lone wolf sit&climb. The Walker is the most stable, comfortable stand of anything I've tried and if I could only keep one it'd probably be this. The LW is packs better and is quieter. If you go this route, get the hazemore seat to make it more comfortable. Both stands are made in the US if that makes any difference to you.

Aluminum API Grand slam for me in the climber Dept.. Rock solid on any tree, I climb the slick bark trees as well without hesitation. They'll also climb a huge tree and are able to climb one smaller than the summits in my experiences. I own both summit viper and API and both are great. But API is my go to due to ease of climbing and I feel like you sit slightly higher in the seat which I like vs being hunkered down inside the rails of the summits even with the seat adjusted all the way up. Never climbed a lone wolf or xop. If your bow hunting I feel the millennium lock on and xop sticks are a great choice (weight to comfort ratio) due to being able to climb the best tree for the spot vs having to look for a straight tree for the climber.

Ac338

WKR
Another vote for lonewolf hand climber. The seat gets a little rough after a couple all day sits, but it is light, quite, and the platform has a built in bow holder although I use the last chance bow holder attached to the seat.

T-man

FNG
Well, I'll be the first to vouch for API. I've been using an API Grand Slam for the past 15 years and love it. I also have a Summit Viper SD and I still take the API. Although the Viper SD is nice, I can climb quicker and more comfortable with the API. I don't need a big fancy padded seat like the Viper has since I stand most of the time. The API has a simple seat that helps it pack down better.

I have the same API stand, about the same age (or older). Lazy boy in a tree ! Not the lightest, but for sure a great one for all day sits. It's also a safe stand if you happen to nod off. I have a LW alpha with sticks, that's great to pack but not something I would try sitting all day in. Pound for pound the LW sticks and the hanger are almost the same weight as the API

Hard to beat those summits. The LW hand climber is a PITA-sure easy to carry though!

SFN2821

FNG
I went with the Summit. Super easy set up. I'd suggest practicing ahead of time as it can be a little noisy if you don't have the routine down and are working in the dark. With a little practice it's killer. 20lbs - not bad to haul around. The shoulder straps need work but some custom modifications should be an easy fix. Almost went lone wolf but I liked the front bar for added security measures.

I like stands with front bars so I can lean into them to shoot. Makes shooting during archery much easier IMO

I run and gun all deer season and spend almost all my time in a climber. Since I hunt and climb many different trees I have found the ability to adjust the stand up in the tree to be quite valuable the handful I times I misjudge the angle and currently I have been using a Buckhorn Higher Level. It’s quiet to set up, light and climbs very nice. If I need to adjust the bottom portion it’s just a quick adjustment and I’m level again - without detaching from the tree.

Honestly I thought the stand was kinda gimmicky but I have no complaints. It climbs like my summit and is quieter.

ohoopee

WKR
Lw hand climber and hunt comfort seat for me. Plenty of comfort and great packability for public land hunting. Son uses a rifle and likes the LW sit and climb so he can rest the barrel. I have used many stands and some may be more comfortable but I find the LW's to be the best balance between packability and comfort for me.

Jsunkler

Lil-Rokslider
Lw hand climber and hunt comfort seat for me. Plenty of comfort and great packability for public land hunting. Son uses a rifle and likes the LW sit and climb so he can rest the barrel. I have used many stands and some may be more comfortable but I find the LW's to be the best balance between packability and comfort for me.

I just picked up the hunt comfort seat, cant wait for an extended sit in my hand climber now, previously I would bungee the seat up and stand the majority of the time.