Best Climbers

woodson

FNG
Lone Wolf all day long. I have a sit and climb from the early 2000s. Replaced the straps as necessary and I swapped the factory cushion with a Summit replacement seat - haven't tried the newer model's seats so they're probably improved over what I had. Great stand

AEScouter and I have hunted together for almost 15 years. I have the same Lone Wolf as him. Can’t be beaten for reliability and quietness.

jragsdal

Lil-Rokslider
For bowhunting I am very happy with my Summit Sentry SD-
Quiet, very comfortable, fairly light weight, and I can easily shoot seated.
I have done 12 hour sits in mine and I cannot do that in less comfortable stands.
I usually spend about 40-50% of the time standing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cng

Lil-Rokslider
I bought mine mostly based on weight. Summit Open Shot comes in around 11-12lbs. I took off the lift-up seat and added mesh, but haven’t put it on a scale.

I more recently bought a used X Stand that came in around 9 lbs. Admittedly I haven’t used it much, but I’m not sure I see how it is any more susceptible to failure than any other lightweight climber. @MallardSX2 would you care to elaborate? I’m just curious what you’re referring to.

As others have said, I think it depends how the OP is using it, but one of the best parts of a climber for me is mobility, so weight is top of mind to me. I looked up those Treewalkers a couple folks have recommended above, and they come in at 18lbs!

renagde

WKR
Can't beat a Lone Wolf sit and climb when it comes to versatility, weight, and durability. They are quiet to climb, quiet to transport, and they collapse close to your back so it makes maneuvering in the woods easier. If you want flat out comfort, probably a Summit. But they're big, heavy, clunky and loud in my experience.

I run with the Summit Viper SD. Had LW sit n climb but switched as I felt more stabile in the Summit. Feels like sitting in a lounger but would recommend throwing a Hazmore seat on it. Quiet. Easy. Comfortable.

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
I went from a tree lounge to a summit and like it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Lou2

FNG
If anyone wants a lone wolf hand climber I'll ship it to you for 160. Killed a ton of deer with it but I prehang lock on stands now

I’ve hunted out of an ole man climber for 10 years. Only downside is it’s weight

Lone wolf hand climber and summit viper. Mostly use line wolf. Easier to pack. Cant beat the vipers comfort though. Really want to try saddle.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Lone Wolf Hand Climber Combo II with a sit strap. Less bulky than the sit and climb and still climbs just as easy. I prefer the bigger platform of the Combo II over the Assault hand climber. Previously used summit and olman, but LW is hands down the better stand if youre bowhunting.

Last few years I went from a Summit Viper to an old API I can't remember the name of and now to a Treewalker which I think combines the best attributes of both of those. Loved my Lone Wolf Sit and Climb for compactness but eventually sold it as I needed the money. If LW would just come up with a better top piece, more comfortable seat (net one like my Treewalker with a thin hunt comfort to run over it for colder weather is my thinking), non-floppy belt and be at 17-18 lb ready to hunt (18-20 lb with a shooting rail), I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

RedSnow

Lil-Rokslider
I love my ultralight x stand! It's 12 pounds. I carry that thing everywhere! They also make a traditional climber that's aluminum and 15 or so pounds. The traditional looks to have the edge on comfort.

Travis907

WKR
Summit Viper, I have had a few different makes of climbers over the years but hard to beat Summit. Like others have said, Lone Wolf makes a great stand also!