Best Clothes for Deer Hunting in Illinois

Ac338

WKR
I'm a little late here but if you are still looking I highly recommend running merino base layers and once on stand using the IWOM XT. It's made with bow hunters in mind and all its features are extremely well thought out. It's also 100% water and windproof.

ao9488

FNG
Last year was my first year jumping into technical hunting clothes. Prior to i used primarily combinations of scent blocker, underarmour, red head etc. Mainly used a soft shell scent blocker pants and jacket with a zip out vest. It served me well but it's close to the end of it's lifespan. So last year I purchased the Woodbury and Sanctuary bibs when they ran a sale towards the end of the year as well as some merino wool from Sitka. Gotta say, the Sanctuary bibs and Woodbury jacket combined with the merino baselayers are perfect for those cold days in IL (southern IL), just pack the Sanctuary bibs or have them completely unzipped otherwise you'll be sweating after 50 yards. This year I bit the bullet and purchased the Catalyst system to hopefully take me through much of the hunting season until it gets into the 30s or 40s. Thinking about adding a set of corrugate guide pants, a wick shirt and a kiln hoody for the weather that we get during the first of October, 60s-90s. It's definitely not necessary but I'll be darn if it ain't more comfortable.

I layered Sitka during late season, last week of December.

Temps were right around 0 degrees F.

I can't say that I was absolutely comfortable but I was never cold enough to want to climb down out of the tree either.

Treestand cold weather bang for the buck.... Cabelas Berber Fleece. Stuff is super warm and virtually silent. All I use in Wisconsin and Canada when its real cold. They discontinued some of it within last couple years. Just don't get within 100 yards of burrs. You won't be able to put your arms up to climb the tree.

luckydraw2014

Lil-Rokslider
When I first moved to IL from Texas and jumped into a tree in Nov I froze my ass off. Bought a Heater Body Suit for the next season, have taken many a nap in a tree in weather no sane person should be.

you can layer up for really cold days or wear early season clothes during November.