Best Cold Weather bags for side sleepers

Sorry if this question has been beaten to death I am new to the forum. Can anyone offer some suggestions for a 0 degree bag that allows enough room for side sleepers? I keep reading a quilt is the way to go for side sleepers but not necessarily for cold weather. I can’t seem to find anyone that makes a 0 degree bag that’s not a mummy style. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

HoneyDew

WKR
Kifaru slick bag. Modified rectangle/mummy. I have wide shoulders and hate restrictive mummy bags in my shoulders and arms. The slick bag is a general body shape but allows movement and side sleeping.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Western mountaineerings “semi rec” shape bags are the best for side/stomach sleepers. That’s what I use and I have 3 of their bags. For cold weather hunts I use the Seqouia model comfortably down to around -5 F.

C.payne

WKR
Just because you’re a side sleeper doesn’t mean you can’t use a mummy style bag. I am 5’7” 175 pounds and I side sleep and stomach sleep with my arms at my head/face area. I have a Western Mountaineering Antelope and love it! The cut is very generous and I can spin inside the bag no problem. Look at their Kodiak it is cut even bigger. You don’t want too much extra room otherwise it won’t be as efficient at keeping you warm and also just adds extra bulk and weight that are not necessary.

*zap*

WKR
The one option not yet raised is getting comfortable in a tight bag and then it rolls with you. Lighter/less bulk and you stay warmer. If you try a tight bag you want one with a very good zipper that does not stick at all.

BrianN

FNG
When paired with an adequate pad and sized properly, quilts can be used fine in colder temps and will reduce weight and bulk. If not experienced with quilts, using a pad attachment system will help to keep out drafts while giving you the space to side sleep/toss and turn.

Brian
Owner-El Coyote quilts

When paired with an adequate pad and sized properly, quilts can be used fine in colder temps and will reduce weight and bulk. If not experienced with quilts, using a pad attachment system will help to keep out drafts while giving you the space to side sleep/toss and turn.

Brian
Owner-El Coyote quilts

Is it possible for big guy(6’2, 325#) to fit in one, n have a comfortable nights sleep? Or would it need to be a custom made quilt...$$$?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk