Best Cold Weather Bowhunting Jacket - Advise Needed

JGBowman

Lil-Rokslider
I hunt PA were it can get pretty chilly. This is my go to, hunted last week in 20 degree temps and has very comfortable.

Polyester short sleeve (wicks moisture well if I sweat a little walking to my stand)
Merino wool long sleeve.
Kuiu Peleton 240
Columbia PHG insulated jacket. It is super light and not bulky at all. Synthetic fill so it as expensive. If i know its going to be colder I will put another wool layer on.

https://www.amazon.com/Columbia-Biggs-Landing-Insulated-Jacket/dp/B079FYS8JV

jmez

WKR
If it is for stationary then one of the body suits is the way to go. Simply slip out of it to shoot, no bulk to worry about.

FL solitude jacket is working for me in the 20-40* range this season. I did 20 sit with the bib and jacket the other day.

Beendare

WKR
Key for me in that cold weather is to keep my hands and feet warm....typically with those chemical hand warmers

In those temps I'd wear a merino undershirt, regular hunting shirt and windstopper pullover.

Mez are you one of those guys that goes shirtless to a Football game with a big red N painted on his chest?

Shane

Lil-Rokslider
The best cold weather bowhunting coat for me is my Cabela's Berber Fleece with windstopper. It's dead quiet, which is very important for bowhunting gear. It's not warm enough for extreme cold by itself, but it's roomy enough to layer underneath when you need more insulation. When it's really cold, I'll wear a merino wool shirt or two, then a Patagonia Nano Puff, then the Berber Fleece jacket on top. SUPER warm, and still dead quiet.