Best Compact Binos

Hey guys I've got a good idea of what I want to go to, but I'd like to hear what everyone else is doing as well.

I spend on avg 7-10 days out west - ie west of the Mississippi a year. The rest of the time I m im beating brush in the North East.

I have been looking and looking for a do all pair of Binos

I have central vision loss in my right eye and for years have struggled between Spotters and Binos. Since I still have peripheral vision in my right eye I m trying to find a good pair of binos as I still find them to have less eye strain and more uses than a spotter.

I have also found any sort of eye adjustment on the right side to be useless for me. I really need something that adjusts on the left side.

I m at a loss. Does anyone know of any such thing????

I m looking for the best pair of compact 8x or 10x I can get.

Thanks in advance for any insights

Last edited:
I really like my Leica Ultravid 10x25 compact binoculars. I think the best way would be for you to go to a sporting good store and go outside with a salesmen and look through several binoculars that to find what works best for you.

BjornF16

WKR
Best?...what is your budget?

Sounds like you would benefit from a wide FOV for your right eye.

Not necessarily “compact”, but...

8.5x42 EL has great clarity at edges with FOV = 399’ @ 1000 yds.

10x42 NL Pure also has FOV = 399’ @ 1000 yds. The 8x42 version has FOV = 477’ @ 1000 yds.

Both EL and NL Pure have generous eye relief if you’re wearing specs.

I happen to own a number of 8’s, and prefer the Swarovski EL Field Pro 8x32. It has 423 ft / 141 m field of view and very compact / lightweight. Comes in tan / brown, so doesn’t get hot in the sun. Only downside is lateral glare at sundown.
0631b123ac016c19460b82503ca912f3.jpg

WRO

WKR
I loved my 8x32 els, I hunted everything with them. I'd go back if I ever went back to sets.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Swarovski 8x32 EL, add an Outdoorsmans stud for Tripod use. They are light weight with wide FOV.
The 8x42 SLC would be My next pick little bigger heavier but great as well had them 1st until I could upgrade

ZDR

WKR
The Swaro 10x30 Companion CL work great for me. The optics are just amazing for such a small bino. Not sure what to say about your vision situation except try as many pairs as you can before you buy.

OP
marshland_max
Wow thanks guys!

I appreciate it.

Most of you guys are doing what I've already been thinking about doing with the Swaros!

I had personally narrowed it down to 8x32 or 10x32 Swaros/Leica as well as the Lecia and Swaro "pocket" versions.

I doubt I will go with Vortex or Leupold "been there done that"

Wide field of view really has been the key so far.

Keep em coming thanks everyone!

Reactions: WRO

MattB355

Lil-Rokslider
The EL 8x32 are my personal favorite high end small size binoculars. I cannot tell the difference between the 8x32 or 10x42 in low light. For a nice budget compact binocular try out the Nikon monarch 7 8x30. They are very good for the money.

Q child

WKR
I've got the 8x25 Swarovski CL Pockets. They are great little binoculars. There are some tradeoffs that are pretty obvious with the pockets - the field of view isn't huge and they are outclassed in low light. But, they are pretty freaking convenient. I carry them with me almost all the time.
I've used the Leica Ultravid 10x25s a lot and the Zeiss Victory 8x25 a little bit and to my eye they Swarovskis are the sharpest and the brightest. The Leica's are the smallest and the lightest though.

WRO

WKR
Wow thanks guys!

I appreciate it.

Most of you guys are doing what I've already been thinking about doing with the Swaros!

I had personally narrowed it down to 8x32 or 10x32 Swaros/Leica as well as the Lecia and Swaro "pocket" versions.

It's hard to be the FOV on the 8x32 EL's @420 feet.

They're still my favorite pair of binoculars that I have owned. I'll probably get another set this year.

Wow thanks guys!

I appreciate it.

A few weeks ago I got a deal on my first ever compact binos, some Kowa 10x33. Comparing them to my Swarovski 10x50 in low light I was very surprised how well the little lenses did so decided to order a pair of Zeiss Victory Pocket 8x25. I received the pocket binos a few hours ago, so far they're amazing but we shall see about low light viewing.

Edit for clarity: I'm just expressing my newfound respect for compact and pocket binos. Not really sure which ones you should go with but the 10x32 Swaros should be astonishing!

OP
marshland_max
Thanks guys after much debate and crunching I pulled the trigger on a pair of Maven B3 8x30.

We will see how it goes!

Shraggs

WKR
Definitely Swaro cL companion but 8x for fov.
These have a very forgiving eye box!

if you really need left adjust Steiner are the only I’m aware of. Not alpha glass but good

Myronman3

Lil-Rokslider
The EL 8x32 are my personal favorite high end small size binoculars. I cannot tell the difference between the 8x32 or 10x42 in low light. For a nice budget compact binocular try out the Nikon monarch 7 8x30. They are very good for the money.

i had the 10x42el and the 8x32el side by side at dusk. they were equal. i still have the 8’s as i like the smaller size.

to the OP....stay away from the 10x in the smaller binos. i have the swaro 8x32’s after trying the others....and i couldnt be happier.