Best compound strings and cables?

OP
M

mt100gr.

WKR
All, I appreciate the input and suggestions. Info given was exactly the jumpstart I needed to track down the rest of the details I am looking for.

I'm going to try out a couple buckslayer sets. Based on the claims of its combining the best attributes of 452x and 8190, I'm going to give the X99 material a whirl.

How are strings made? I assume small makers are probably all starting with the same raw materials and then using their craft and workmanship to produce a product that differentiates themselves from their competitors through improved performance? Is there much capital investment needed to start making strings?

Zac

WKR
I was planning on going with Gas Ghost here in a couple of weeks, anyone think there is a better option out there?

Sobrbiker

WKR
Just got a set of BCY X99 w/Halo serving from Archery Shack. Price was great and they came highly recommended via another forum. Haven’t installed yet (waiting for AZ OTC deer season to be over before changing).
Anyone here use them, or have input on what to expect from the X99 strings?

BowhuntingBrune3

Lil-Rokslider
What is the general consensus on factory strings ie zebra stings, fuse things like that? My local archery shop only orders zebra and fuse cause they are a mathews and hoyt dealer but you can order your own and take them to them. Just curious to what everyone thinks?

fatlander

WKR
What is the general consensus on factory strings ie zebra stings, fuse things like that? My local archery shop only orders zebra and fuse cause they are a mathews and hoyt dealer but you can order your own and take them to them. Just curious to what everyone thinks?

You can much better strings made by custom builders for cheaper. Look up above at the replies for builders that come up over and over. That’s who you want to go with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZDR

WKR
Is there a difference in string materials or are most of the referenced makers using the same string material?

TravisIN

WKR
Last few sets I’ve used have been ABB and I have 0 complaints. Very satisfied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
I like Parkinson's, ex wolverine. From the looks of his website he's back to building for the public again.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
M

mt100gr.

WKR
Just a quick update here, since I started the thread....

I ordered a Buckslayer string set for my buddy's bow. I gotta say I am very impressed. Excellent craftsmanship, super clean, and perfect fit. His instructions are over the top, too. Good stuff. It feels very solid. He was pumped once I got his peep tied in this afternoon and he got to fling a few in my basement.

I had this one built out of the x99 and based on what I have read, and now seen, I think that's what I will order next for my own bow.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in.