Best compression sacks

Trout bum

Sea to Summit event bag for clothing and gear. Kifaru 5 string stuff sack for sleeping bag and bivy. OR compression bag for Kifaru Tipi, pole and pegs.

Above Timber

I have a Kifaru 5 string compression sack. I like the fact that you do not end up with a round ball in your pack. The sack compresses around the diameter of the sack instead of from end to end. The only thing I do not like is that the sack is not water proof like a event sack.

littlebuf

Banned
kifaru stuff sacks are nice for the shape they end up, i hate the bowling ball shape you get with others. dont believe the web site though when it says pull as hard as you want on those strings.ive broke two, i am wicked buff though. im also going to pick up a z packs one to try out this year. ive heard good things about them.

Above Timber

littlebuf, if Kifaru replace or repair your stuff sacks for you? I am just curious if they took care of you, I have not heard of anyone having any issues with their Kifaur equipment.

littlebuf

Banned
yeah the first time i did it they sent me a new one. the second time i broke one i just tied some new cord in place of the one i broke. they use shock cord,if they could use true 550 cord it would be bomb proof. but i imagine those little line clamps (or what ever the right name for them is) dont come that small, so i keep some extra shock cord around for the next time i break one.no big, i know how to tie a knot

Darren Best

I have a couple different sizes of the Sea to Summit Event bags and really like them, also have the Kifaru 5 string, it's okay, but too expensive.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
50BMGSHOOTER