Best Concert/Show Experience?

mwebs

WKR
I'm embarrassed to say it, but damn it, Luke Bryan and Florida Georgia Line put on an incredible live show at Kicker Country Stampede in 2015 or 16 (can't remember what year) in Manhattan, KS when I was in college. Plus there was tons of very attractive girls there in bikini tops and jean shorts so that probably helped.

This post reminded me of a Jason Aldean and FGL concert my sister made me go to in Tampa, FL. I do not country and its definitely one of the bottom concerts on my list, but damn the scenery at that show was unreal.. For best experiences pretty much any show at Red Rocks is incredible and I have been to a lot. Back when I liked Bluegrass we would catch Trampled shows when they were first coming up with only 20ish people at the bar. Had a few beers with them back then.

i saw the chili peppers play at the whiskey. that was incredible. one of the best shows i have ever seen was John Mellencamp. Dude just performed straight for 3 hours. One of the worst i ever saw...and i saw him twice was Tim McGraw. Both shows were holy crap bad and it really sucked because i really liked his music... shit i stil ldo.

someone else mentioned Dwight Yoakam. he really is an amazing performer.

Walking Birds

Lil-Rokslider
The first show we went to in AZ as at the Denim and Diamonds in Mesa, and we watched Shane Smith and the Saints open for Randy Rogers, the Saints show alone was worth the price of admission.

Also, Reckless Kelly at the Crescent Bar in Phoenix. Their tour bus had broken down somewhere in Texas and they scrounged up whatever instruments they could and still put on an awesome show. Their rendition of Vincent Black Lightning 1952 in acoustic was simply awesome

- The final Allman Bro’s show at the beacon. Ridiculous. Seen them 70-80 times.
- Jerry Lee Lewis - at BB Kings Memphis
- Fugazi in Memphis 1998
- Radiohead at red rox 2001
- WSP at red rox 1999-2019
- QOTSA red rox 2016
- Marcus King Band and Tedeschi Trucks at WaneE festival. Insane set. 2015
- Neil Young/promise of the real in Telluride 3 years ago. 2 nights of amazing
- bela fleck in a Vanderbilt lecture hall 1992
- NIN in same Vanderbilt lecture hall 1993
- Paul Simon - last year in Denver

coyyota

WKR
Ryan Bingham - Headliners Music Hall Louisville, KY
Lucero - The Bluebird Bloomington, IN

Shraggs

WKR
The stones! Steel wheel tour in New Orleans. Man they were old then and brought the done down.

heart in Fort Lauderdale in spring break on the beach. Music ok, fun environment tho

Elton John early 90s in baton rogue. May just him piano and played non stop

John cougar, I’ll echo a good show straight playing. We were up front and cougar picked a teenage kid right next to us to come on stage and sing hurt so good, and kid sang while cougar lagged on the floor.

Bobbyboe

WKR
Lady Gaga🤭😎

jk. But really, hear those shows are impressive. Maybe one of my next trips to Vegas with the wife we’ll go.

Best show I’ve seen was 21 pilots about 2 or 3 months before they broke big. Tim McGraw at his peak was good too.

choovhntr

WKR
Jealous of the guys that got to see Metallica with the symphony! Not a huge concert guy, but Metallica was an incredible show. Would see them again in a second.

GNR and AC/DC were both good too.

Saw Slipknot last year and even though the vocals weren't the best live, those guys went hard for an hour and half without a break, and Corey is an amazing performer. Being in their hometown also helped!

Tool and Godsmack are on the top of my to-see list.

Tool was amazing! Was a bucket list one for a long time. STP with Linkin Park was another crazy good show. They came out together at the end and rocked the house. Scott weiland was just crazy good live. Saw Kid Rock with Aerosmith and he was surprisingly great. Way more talented than I thought. Black crows with Tom petty, zac brown band, brooks and Dunn, all great shows. Dropkick Murphy’s is another super cool show. Saw them way back before they were big, then later after they made it. it’s cool to see how great bands come along and progress as time goes on.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Elton John.

Backstory. He came through Reno I can’t remember the circumstances but was stuck here and decided to put on a concert for us. It was him and his piano. I was probably 10 and DID NOT want to see him. My dad drove up to Susanville California to pick me up from my grandmas house so I can see it. I wanted to stay and ride my dirt bike more but was forced to go see this dude in concert. My parent got great seats probably 5-10 rows back center stage. Kept telling me this is a once in a lifetime experience. I was my pouty face the during the start of the show. Everyone is standing and I’m sitting not wanting to be there. By the end of the show, I thanked my parents for dragging me to it. It was truly special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shrek

WKR
David Allen Coe at Flannigans in Thomasville Ga in ‘91. Out front there was a line of black Harley’s with American flags on the back. Walking in before the show he comes walking out passing me and my roommate. He’s a really big man ! Show began with his band playing one warmup song without him. He then walked on stage with a bottle of Jack Daniels black which he opened and took a swig. Put it on the speaker and began to play. He played without stopping for hours ! The concert was over when he finished the bottle. He didn’t do his regular concert which I’d seen before growing up. He just played nonstop switching between songs. The band would have to catch up every time he switched. He had a heart attack later that night. I saw him his first concert back which was a benefit for the hospital that saved him in the same bar. He had lost a lot :(. Sure glad I got to see his last great concert.

KSP277

WKR
Saw Tyler Childers and Jon Prine in Beaverdam,KY year before last. Wife got us tickets for our anniversary. Was one of the last shows Prine did. And man can Tyler Childers get down on stage. He’s kickass anyways but live is on another level.

Garth Brooks has and I think will always be one of my favorite shows. That man knows how to put on a show!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nykki

Lil-Rokslider
The Guess Who in Anchorage in 73
James Gang in Anchorage same year
Marshal Tucker Band in Anchorage early 80s
Brroks and Dunn in Anchorage 90s?
ZZTop in Norfolk Va in 75
Chambers Brothers in Anchorage in 71 or 2

Insane clown posse 30 or so times back in high school. Yeah it's weird but awesome when I was younger. Ted Nugent was great.
Front row at Lynrd Skynyrd was amazing but super short. The greatest may have been Alice Cooper. For am old dude, he still puts on 1 hell of a show. I also had a great time at a Luke Bryan concert, got tackled off a cliff and broke my hip. I still went hunting a month later. Good times.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk