Best cookbook for venison and elk

darmento

FNG
I have a few cookbooks for pheasant, quail and other game birds. Don’t have a single one dedicated to venison or elk or pronghorn. I know that paper book books are out of style, but I still like them. Does anyone have suggestions for cookbooks aimed at venison and elk? Thanks!

Dented

WKR
I've got all of Hank Shaw's cook books. They're excellent, great recipes, lots of good information. My wild game cooking has become far more interesting since I picked them up.

Darryle

WKR
Classified Approved
I haven't read any of the Hank Shaw books, but I have several of the John Barsness & Eileen Clarke books that I like.

I did order the Duck, Duck, Goose. Thanks for the recommendation.

LostArra

WKR
I would suggest getting on Hank Shaw's mailing list. Recipes come weekly.
I also like books but the mailing list is handy.

Two Roads

Lil-Rokslider
We love to cook and have collection of wild game cookbooks. For venison, Kill It & Grill It, by T Nugent will completely surprise a good foodie cook. Neck roast roll up w sun dried tomatoes requires stepping up your wine spend. So too, the pheasant curry crazy good. And the ridiculously easy Swedish meatballs w mushrooms.

For elk, REMF magazine has had some really good recipes, worked thru several over this winter w great results.

We are about 95% wild game year round.

Foxsoup

FNG
Best meal I have ever eaten has come from Hank Shaws Buck Buck Moose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CB1

FNG
Scott rea’s book The Merchant of Venison has some good stuff. It’s a bit different than the others listed. The first part is butchering and the latter is recipes.