Best cooler?

NYlions

FNG
I have the cabelas polar cap 100qt been extremely happy with it. There were some YouTube videos years ago when I purchased it on how it out performed the yeti in an ice test.

My own recent test with it was a snake river jet boat trip this summer. 26 miles up river to set up camp had it full of ice for a week in 100 degree plus weather and I still had ice in it for a few days after returning home. while it sat in the hot garage. Very impressed.

Coleman Extreme for $60, when I bought anyway. I line it with the insulation that comes in all the meal deliveries my wife gets then fill it with frozen 2 liters. Never had them melt all the way on any hunt. Going on about 7 years now, no complaints.

horniac

FNG
I‘ve had many different coolers over the years trying to find a cooler that will retain ice longer noticeably longer than another. Seems to be so many variables in pre-chilling, weather conditions, humidity, sun/shade, quality of ice, times cooler is opened and closed, etc. that it is hard for me to tell what performs the best.

Though there are some definite cons with the rotomolded coolers such as their weight and reduced interior dimensions/volume, there are many pros such as better hinge system, latches, handles, drain plugs, and the most important to me, the rubber gasket seal on the lid. Nothing worse than opening your non-rotomolded cooler after driving down a dusty road and having a fine coat of dust mixed in with your ice and contents. I do think the rotomolded coolers do retain ice a little longer as well…

Horniac