Best Credit Card Rewards

Southwest for business, and ................ I use PayPal Mastercard for everything else. 2% cash back on every purchase everywhere, no restrictions or limits. I relish in the irony that I'm getting cash back on firearms, ammo, etc.

davescarp

WKR
On the BOA card does it require you to bank there as well? Not sure I understand the BOA three tier option. I need to look into the Fidelity program as well. I have a retirement account through them as well so that might make it easy to get started.
No, I have no BofA accounts. You can get your money as a credit on ur cc account, or they can mail u a check. If you do have a BofA account you can have it deposited there too

I thought there'd be more love for the AKAir card? My wife and I both have one from our dirtbag days. The 2 companion fares per year save us quite a heap of money most years - along with the miles...
Admittedly not as good for people not in the west, or going to AK regularly.

CTR

Lil-Rokslider
On the BOA card does it require you to bank there as well? Not sure I understand the BOA three tier option. I need to look into the Fidelity program as well. I have a retirement account through them as well so that might make it easy to get started.
Like someone said before (cant see the name on my phone), but no I use Wells Fargo for my banking stuff but use BOA for my credit card. I'm by no means associated with BOA so get it or dont, it doesnt matter to me lol, but you get to choose what category you get 3% back on and you can choose what you want to get it on, always get 2% on groceries, and 1% on everything else. (I'm sure their website describes it much better than I do)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

muddydogs

WKR
I buy everything I can from amazon, 5% back is a lot. So in my opinion it works the best for my situation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was reading the reviews on the Amazon CC and have to say there not great. Lots of complaints about customer service. Have you had any dealings with CS?

Wonder if they do 2 cards on the same account? Be nice for the wife and I to each have a card and not have to both have accounts and bills.

I was reading the reviews on the Amazon CC and have to say there not great. Lots of complaints about customer service. Have you had any dealings with CS?

Wonder if they do 2 cards on the same account? Be nice for the wife and I to each have a card and not have to both have accounts and bills.
My wife and I switched from Cabelas to Amazon last year they gave us two cards one account. Haven't really dealt with customer service yet. Always pay ours off every month. We live over an hour out of town and use prime a lot.

If you have the discipline to pay your balance every month, going this route is a great way to save some money.

My wife handles our finances and she loved the debit card. We switched to a 2% cash back credit card and use it to purchase groceries and even pay some of our utility bills online. It is amazing how quickly the “cash back” balance has accumulated.

There are more consumer protections for “credit” vs. “debit” cards in case of fraud too.

zacattack

WKR
Like others have said BofA rewards are pretty great, and I’ve never had any problem with it and customer service has always been great. You can also pick what you want as your top reward which is nice.

wyosteve

WKR
I put on a lot of miles so Sams Club is best for me. 5% on fuel purchases anywhere, 3% on lodging, restaurants and 1% on everything else. Nice thing is it actually gives you cash back, not like Cabelas which just gives points so you have to buy more from them! Haven't used my Cabelas in a year either.

I have the cash rewards BofA card that I use for the 3% gas rewards. I only use this card at cash stations. I also have the B of A Preferred rewards card. It has an annual fee, but I usually offset it with the baggage fee reimbursement and/or the other airline reimbursement fees. I am also in the plantinum tier, so my rewards are at the highest multiple they will allow. Seems to be the best way to maximize by cashback. In order to get to the platinum tier, you need to have a combined balance above their set threshold. Forget what it is, but it's not too terrible to achieve.

Yeah. The different tiers give you better benefits and a higher bonus on your points. I think my main card is actually called the premium rewards card. I think it was $500 activation bonus after you spend your first 3k. Then 100$ year fee but you can get any airline incidental charge ( baggage, upgrades, drinks,food, TSA fastpass) reimbursed up to a 100$ total combined. So, in essence, if you travel, chances are you will get your 100$ yearly fee back.

Citi double cash. 2% cash back on everything plus a bonus .5% I think if you pay the bill from a citi account (which they have a great interest rate compared to most conventional banks).

SDHNTR

WKR
I have the cash rewards BofA card that I use for the 3% gas rewards. I only use this card at cash stations. I also have the B of A Preferred rewards card. It has an annual fee, but I usually offset it with the baggage fee reimbursement and/or the other airline reimbursement fees. I am also in the plantinum tier, so my rewards are at the highest multiple they will allow. Seems to be the best way to maximize by cashback. In order to get to the platinum tier, you need to have a combined balance above their set threshold. Forget what it is, but it's not too terrible to achieve.

the platinum rewards level requires $100k combined average balance. But that’s across the entire BofA enterprise. So all bank accts, all Merrill Lynch and Merrill Edge investment accts too. That may not be doable for everyone, but if you round up old 401k’s, IRA’s, brokerage and mutual fund accts, and of course savings/checking bank accts.

the annual fee is $95 but there is also $100/annual reimbursement for travel expenses. So any extra baggage fees, seat upgrades, even drinks on the plane! If you travel even a little the annual fee is easily covered.

there is also a 50k initial points offer. That’s $500 to start.

if you use it regularly, it’s shocking how fast the points stack up at 3.5x!

happy to help anyone with this via pm.

NDGuy

WKR
No one has said it yet but the Ducks Unlimited Visa gives you 5% back on sporting goods stores and gas. It's a really solid sportsman's card.

Gets 5% cash back all the time at places like Fleet Farm, Scheels, Cabelas, Blackovis, Academy, Runnings etc.

I pair it with the Citi Double Cash card like others have mentioned. 2%-5% back on everything adds up really quickly.

Pabsy512

FNG
Another vote for Amazon. It’s hard to beat the rewards between buying from Amazon and buying fuel.

ToeJoe

FNG
My Chase Freedom card gets me 2% CB on all purchases. It's my go-to, daily card used for nearly everything I can pay via credit card.

Amazon Prime Card gets me 5% CB on all Amazon purchases.

Between the two I typically net between $500 - $700 back per year depending on how much I spend.

Ducks Unlimited Visa Credit Card. 5% back on gas and sporting goods with 1% back on everything else. Or AMEX Bluecash Everyday. 3% Back on Groceries and 2% back on gas and certain department stores with 1% back on everything else.