Best Credit Card Rewards

Scheels is pretty good if your all about points back on hunting gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDGuy

WKR
Scheels is pretty good if your all about points back on hunting gear.
Scheels was decent until the Ducks Unlimited card came out. It beats Scheels year round unless it's their 5 point week where you get $5 off $50, $10 off $100, $25 off $250 etc or need to use their 6 mo free financing.

Scheels was decent until the Ducks Unlimited card came out. It beats Scheels year round unless it's their 5 point week where you get $5 off $50, $10 off $100, $25 off $250 etc or need to use their 6 mo free financing.

Hmmm good to know!!

nick15

FNG
No kidding...3% back that you can only use at Scheels or 5% cash back? Tough one!

Have had the amazon card for years. The points where good but limited you to amazon purchases.
Just got the Apple Card . The daily cash back is much better , especially if you use Apple Pay.

Billinsd

WKR
I got the amazon credit card. Great choice. You get amazon prime free with it, so you get 1 day free shipping. 5% back on all amazon purchases, and then 2% on all other purchases. In my honest opinion, best card out there.

I have an Amazon rewards Visa. Looks like Amazon has lots of different credit cards.

Fordtough

FNG
Capitol one spark is 2% on all purchases, spend the money on what ever you want, they will send you a check or pay your cc Bill with it, they paid me 3700.00 this year..

RS3579

WKR
Bringing this one back to life. Any new best cash back cards? I’m looking for a new one. I’ve had the same card for 20 years. I only use for big purchases + $200

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider
I work in banking/wealth management and if you qualify,there is no better rewards program than B of A Preferred Rewards at the platinum level. 3.5X points redeemable for cash.

I have a B of A Cash Rewards card (good rewards with NO annual fee) that I like and it replaced my Cabelas card. You get 3% back on a category of your choice (Home improvement, online shopping, gas, dining, travel, and a couple other things), and you can change your category once a month which is nice if you know you have a big trip coming up or big online shopping orders or whatever. Also get 2% back at grocery stores and places like Sam's Club/Costco, and 1% back everywhere else. So get 3%, 2%, and 1% depending on the category

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I use the BofA Cash rewards as well. In addition to the rewards listed above, there is a bonus depending on your customer status (Silver, Gold, Platinum). For example, I can get 5.25% cash back (3% * 1.75) for online purchases. Unfortunately it's limited to $2500/quarter, then it reverts to 1.75% (1% * 1.75) for everything. No annual fee. Qualifying for the status level can be a little funny, but if you have a Merrill Lynch account, that helps.
I need to look into a back-up card and am interested in some of these other options. I can't do Amazon though, can't stand Bezo's...

NDGuy

WKR
Bringing this one back to life. Any new best cash back cards? I’m looking for a new one. I’ve had the same card for 20 years. I only use for big purchases + $200
DU card stopped giving the 5% cash back on gas & sporting goods. So honestly it's kinda worthless for rewards now for new members. Luckily I was grandfathered in otherwise I would have tossed it.

CITI Double Cash is solid. 2% back on everything

Some cards have rotating categories with higher cash back amounts.

Personally I have the double cash, scheels visa, DU visa, Amazon Visa, and Best Buy Visa.

All the rewards add up fast used on normal every day things. That DU card kicks ass when I am buying any hunting gear. 5% back for every gun/bow I buy on top of whatever else I get it on sale for? Hell yes!

nick15

FNG
I have the same cards as you NDGuy other than the Best Buy one. Always smile a bit when I'm at Scheels and they ask as I'm checking out "are you a Scheels Visa member?" and I answer yes as I slide my DU card through the machine.

NDGuy

WKR
I have the same cards as you NDGuy other than the Best Buy one. Always smile a bit when I'm at Scheels and they ask as I'm checking out "are you a Scheels Visa member?" and I answer yes as I slide my DU card through the machine.
Scheels needs to up their game with that card.

Only time I use it is when they run their $25 off $250 or if I am buying a large purchase and want to breakout payments a bit with that 6mo financing.