Best Credit Card Rewards

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I found cards that give different percentages back hard to keep track of. My current card gives a flat 2% back on everything and I end up getting more back when all is said and done.

Barclays no longer offers the card I use, but Capital One has a similar card. The Quicksilver gives 1.5% back and has no fee. The Venture Rewards gives 2% and a $600 bonus, but has a fee.

I get over 1K back every year, so the $95 annual fee is worth the additional $250 or so in rewards. Interest rate does not matter for me as I never pay interest.

I will be giving up my cabelas card too. I’m tired of constantly getting locked out of my capital one account. I haven’t purchased anything from cabelas in years anyways. I’d like to go with td ameritrade but they only give back 1.6% so I will probably go with citi double cash card.

AlanSmook

FNG
It is great! I like when banks give different bonuses to their customers. For example, I use a credit card from Capital On Tap bank. I can always find how to get some new bonuses on my credit card. For example, I recently found a promo code on chalkkids.co.uk, which gave me seventy-five United States dollars for free on my account. It is totally genuine, I’ve used it, so I know it works. I got seventy-five United States dollars, and so have my brother and two other friends I’ve referred. This promo code is available until March.

Last edited:

DanimalW

WKR
Citibank (MC) and Wells Fargo (Visa) both offer 2% with no annual fee. I love credit card rewards. It’s money that my wife never asks about.

I don't think you're allowed to live in Alaska without at least one Alaska Airlines Visa card.
No reason to have to live there to have one, lol. I knew several years ago I would be making many trips to Alaska for various hunting and fishing trips. That card has saved me a lot on baggage fees etc. and paid for lots of airfare. Matter of fact I just booked my 1st class roundtrip flight with points today for my November Mtn Goat hunt. Might be one or two more hunts after that then I'll dump it.

Southeast

FNG
This fall I'll be taking my third no-airfare trip to Alaska in six years thanks to the Alaska Airlines card and I'll still have at least 40,000 miles leftover for trip #4.

We make good money on our Discover. No annual fee, quarterly 5% cash back on different things, 1% on everything else. The gas quarter and supermarket quarter we get quite a bit of money. You can redeem for gift cards and get an extra 5-10%.

Squirrels

WKR
The credit card that provides the biggest reward is the one you cancel.
I disagree with that. I don’t use my citi double cash as credit card. I use it for 2% free money. I make payments a couple times a week for everything that’s been charged to it since the last payment was made. Never carry a balance and doesn’t change our spending habits. Credit is not a problem…discipline is.

Sharpnel

FNG
For me, it depends on the type of rewards you are looking for and whether you are willing to pay an annual fee. For cash rewards for groceries and gasoline, American Express Blue Cash is preferred. There is an annual fee of $95. Without the annual fee, Blue Cash will do well every day. For travel rewards, American Express every day and Chase Sapphire Preferred would work well. I can advise you to consider other ways to save and make money in different areas, in the article you can learn how you can easily earn an extra 1000 a month. I think you might be interested in learning how to find part-time work and spend more time with your family.

Last edited:

ClayA23

FNG
I enjoy my Business Marriott Bonvoy American Express card. It allows the family to stay somewhere free every year. You receive a free night every year and once you spend a certain amount you get a 2nd night. Combine that with your points and you can stay somewhere for a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mosby

WKR
I ditched the Cabela's card and alternate between my Southwest Airlines and Amazon card. I save my Southwest points for my wife to use. I save my Amazon points for food for my gun dogs or other stuff for hunting or camping. I ordered some canned dog food last week that was $9 less per case than Chewy. Just ordered a gallon of Permethrin last night to treat my clothes and gear before spring. In today's rising price environment, I love using points.

Junkball

FNG
AMEX waives all fees for military. You can get basically every card they offer that way for free. Chase has also started waiving fees under SCRA if opened after 2017.

AMEX Platinum and Chase Sapphire Reserve are well worth their fees if you take advantage of all benefits.
AMEX Blue Cash Preferred is a great cash back card for gas & groceries with a $95 annual fee