Best cylinder stove?

Hey guys looking for opinions on cylinder stoves. Never packed one in the past due to weight, but the area I hunt tends to get into the teens during archery season and I am thinking of packing a stove in this year. I made a diy stove and it works okay but I am thinking of just buying a stove that I don't have to fiddle with. Looking at a smith cylinder, ti goat cylinder and lite outdoors. Leaning towards a kifaru just because I own their pack and sleep system. But never used any of the 3 I am looking at. Any recommendations from users?

I have one I made myself, but if I was going to buy one, based on what I've read and seen, it would be the Lite Outdoors XL, which is very similar in size to mine.

Mischief209

Lil-Rokslider
I only have experience with the new lite outdoors. Big door.18in. With baffle. After a solid bed of red hot coals i put on 2 fist size rounds and it burned for 4hrs plus. Would have went longer thats just when i woke up to pee. Threw 1 more on and made it till the morning.

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
Just bought a Lite Outdoors 12"/18" combo with baffles/spark arrestor. I'll let you know how it goes. From my research, it's the one I liked the most. No actual field use from me with any of them.

If I had the money I'd buy a Ti Goat wifi stove. I really like the idea of having a flat topped stove for better heat transfer to a cooking pot. I have a lite outdoors barrel stove and it works well.
Without having one in my hands, the wifi stove looks like the best design out there. It seems to have the fewest parts and is the least fiddly to put together.

I bought the Lite Outdoors 18" mostly cause of the simplicity of assemble. Size, weight and cost as well.
It utilizes long bolts and wing nuts rather than cables and twist cams. I opted for the baffle, helps keep heat in longer, better fire safety (prevents members from going out the pipe), and I just ordered the new spark arrestor as well.

I think mine was $280 for the whole set up.

Ive used it 4 or 5 times, in as low as 18 degrees here in Utah in Feb, while in a Seek Outside redcliffe 4-6 man tipi and it worked perfectly.

I love the stove boddy bolts as it seals the end caps up and holds the stove pipe dampener correctly as well as a pot to cook on. In other words it takes a round body stove and adds to long flat surfaces to hold your pan/pot.

Brennen at LO is a great guy to work with and goes out of his way to make sure you are 100% happy.

Here's mine in my tent
You can see the stove body bolts I'm talking about
d995cd3662e91b0e5548526acf4696f0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

92xj

WKR
I'm actually burning my lite outdoors right now, experimenting with the baffle in backwards and the exhaust on the door end. It's working good so far. Though I never had issues with it the normal way, I just like to tinker. I run the 12" body with my mega tarp.

I put the baffle in backwards as they tell us to, and it works fine. Just have to make sure it is low enough so that the stove pip doesn't bottom out on it ( I did that the first time and thought what the heck)

oldgoat

WKR
Justin how easy does the smith cylinder stove assemble?

It's the only kind of cylinder stove I've owned, so I can't compare to others, once burned in good it sets its shape and is no biggy to assemble, but I've only assembled it during the day but I think it would be no biggy in headlamp light either.

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
Just bought a Lite Outdoors 12"/18" combo with baffles/spark arrestor. I'll let you know how it goes. From my research, it's the one I liked the most. No actual field use from me with any of them.

*Update* I ordered this thing on the afternoon of 5/1. At 10:45am on 5/2, my doorbell rings. It's the FedEx guy delivering my stove. Super impressed with Brennan and Lite Outdoors. From Kanuckistan to Ohio in <24hr couldn't have been cheap to do.

I have yet to assemble it and do the burn-in (40-50mph gusts here today), but I hope to soon. Quality looks fantastic though.