BEST DO IT ALL BOOT FOR EAST COAST WHITETAIL HUNTER

khasky24

FNG
I am looking for some input for my next pair of high quality boots. I have been running the Zamberlan lynx the past 3 years but they recently starting taking on water which I am sending in for warranty work and a possible refund. I use the boots for hiking, shed hunting, turkey season. the lynx were very comfy boot but with not much wear and taking on water in such a short time I was dissapointed.

I am currently looking at the Crispi Nevada, schnee beartooth, Hanwag. I want a good overall boot that is good for steep terrain but one that would also be able to be worn as a day to day boot. Does anyone have any experience with these boots? from what I've read, the crispis have a good happy medium with there flex. How are the hanwags? I am worried about getting too stiff of a boot for my liking. Feedback would be great from those that have personally had these boots in hand.

I have beartooths and timberlines...for what you described ypu want timberlines...I wear my Beartooths for elk hunting and my Timberlines for everything else. YMMV

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
I am in GA and hunt everything from flatlands to north GA mountains. Just got some Nevadas and they are perfect in every way for me. Replaced the insoles with Superfeet blues and its now the best feeling boot I've ever worn.

DooleyVT

Lil-Rokslider
Crispi Nevada here in Central VT for all of those things and then some. They're not too stiff but tons of support, totally waterproof when well cared for and get more and more comfortable with every mile.

OP
K

khasky24

FNG
thanks for the replies guys, would like to hear about experiences with hanwags as well. one thing that I like about the Schnee is the lining is supposer to be superior to the gortex lining that most others use.

OP
K

khasky24

FNG
I have beartooths and timberlines...for what you described ypu want timberlines...I wear my Beartooths for elk hunting and my Timberlines for everything else. YMMV
what makes the timberland so much better for that use? are the beartooths too stiff? the timblerands color way is kind of a deal breaker for me.

Just picked up a pair of beartooths. They feel great so far. No break in period for me and they're really supportive.
I don't have a ton of miles on them yet, so idk much

RS3579

WKR
I use Meindl boots. They work great for me. Very comfortable and little break in time. Sorry I have no experience with the brands you mentioned. Just another option if you didn’t consider them.

knale87

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been running a pair of nevadas for the past 3 seasons and really like them. I primarily hunt out of a saddle and especially like the stiffness for different standing positions on the platform.

I got a pair of lapponias a few months back and have pretty much been wearing them all the time now. I used them throughout Turkey season and then a spring bear hunt in Idaho. A few times I wish I had something stiffer in Idaho but other then that they are my go to/everyday boot. I did have to put a set of superfeet insoles in them as the felt a hair too big. They fit perfect now.

what makes the timberland so much better for that use? are the beartooths too stiff? the timblerands color way is kind of a deal breaker for me.
Correct and they are about a 1lb lighter IIRC. Mine stay covered in dirt and mud so color really isn't a issue, I only see it a couple times year when I clean, condition, and waterproof them.

I'm just now breaking in a pair of Crispi summits and I am really liking them so far but it's still very early. Haven't tested the waterproofness yet. Bought for the same purposes as you. I already had some Lowa hunters for the real nasty stuff and was looking for something from TN turkey hunting to early season elk hunts out west. Really loving the light weight of the summits and the flex 3 rating seems perfect for me. If they stay comfy and dry then they will probably become my 90% boot

OP
K

khasky24

FNG
Would love to hear some reviews on this hanwag specific model. They have my interest.

Attachments

• F77F2D43-1118-45B7-AD4F-F69B63106672.png
    F77F2D43-1118-45B7-AD4F-F69B63106672.png
    306.7 KB · Views: 27
I use Meindl boots. They work great for me. Very comfortable and little break in time. Sorry I have no experience with the brands you mentioned. Just another option if you didn’t consider them.
I second the Meindl boots. Also have no experience with the OP’s mentioned brands. I’m in Mississippi and hunt out west periodically. Works for both.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patw