Best durable deer blind for bad weather

PowellSixO

Lil-Rokslider
I get to take my 9 year old twin kids out hunting for their first time this year. I’m going to be sitting over a feeder out of a blind to simplify things for them. I’m hoping it will provide a better teaching condition for all of us. I’ve never hunted out of a blind, and don’t have any experience with them. Can anyone recommend a durable three man blind that can take some weather abuse? Thanks, I really appreciate it. 👍

What’s your budget? I don’t have any brand in particular, usually what ever is on special. They do make bigger ones, and I would for sure get a big one for 3 people in it.

An easy way to help with bad weather is tie it down well, get the long stakes (12” or the two sides one) or pound rebar.

Brushing in helps a lot for spooky animals. Only open windows that are needed. Putting an old moving blanket on The ground helps a lot. If a lot of rain throw a tarp or plastic sheeting on top and tie down

Get good chairs, comfortable and right height. Kids are often too short and can’t see out.

OP
PowellSixO

PowellSixO

Lil-Rokslider
What’s your budget? I don’t have any brand in particular, usually what ever is on special. They do make bigger ones, and I would for sure get a big one for 3 people in it.

An easy way to help with bad weather is tie it down well, get the long stakes (12” or the two sides one) or pound rebar.

Brushing in helps a lot for spooky animals. Only open windows that are needed. Putting an old moving blanket on The ground helps a lot. If a lot of rain throw a tarp or plastic sheeting on top and tie down

Get good chairs, comfortable and right height. Kids are often too short and can’t see out.
Excellent information. Thanks.

OP
PowellSixO

PowellSixO

Lil-Rokslider
I did a bunch of internet searching and came across the barronett ox 5. It’s supposed to be very durable. I’ve got it on order. We shall see.

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve wondered about the hybrid metal frame with canvas covers like the cabelas one or the one wired to hunt has a sponsor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pop Up or permanent?

I used to build my own wood box blinds and by the time I had materials and labor, I could have bought a fiberglass blind that would last a hundred years.

I always thought I had the best design ideas but wood rots, no way around it. That and its HEAVY.

I had some custom fiberglass blinds built for another $500/ea and can slide them on/off a trailer by myself. Plus you aren't stuck with constraints of lumber dimensions. I got mine is 5x7 with 6'6" ceiling. I can hunt two adults extremely comfortably and 2 adults/2 kids with room for them to nap on the floor and move around. That 5' depth compared to a normal 4' dimension is a game changer. Comfort makes me sit longer. And with the kids, kept them from beating on the walls everytime they moved.

Full sized doors so you dont hit your forehead or gun barrel everytime. Stairs instead of ladders. I also found a youtube of a way to built stairs with the exact same lumber you would use for a ladder. It was genius and you just make the adjustment in the field. Here is the link:

Its much safer to climb up into the stands now than trying to hang onto a ladder type design.

Also put a small landing area to transition from stairs to door entrance. I was tired of trying to juggle everything and have doors swinging open in my face and hanging a leg off the side blindly feeling around with my toes trying to find that first rung.

Thess87

WKR
I have several of the barronett 5 sided blinds very well made and roomy. With more then 2 people for me there the way to go and there not to expensive.

Pilarczyk85

Lil-Rokslider
Just recently bought a cheapy ameristep one. Never hunted out of blind either but have permission on some land and the trees can't be damaged. So far it's held up to three wind storms. We'll see how winter treats it.