Best High End Hunting Backpack

• Exo Mountain K3 4800

• Kifaru Duplex Hoodlum/Reckoning

• Mystery Ranch Metcalf

• Stone Glacier Xcurve

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mosby

WKR
They all work. The MR is the only one not made in the US, if that matters. I use SG and I am happy with what I have. My son has an EXO. I wouldn't worry about what others use. I would get what fits you the best. Best is a relative term.

slick

WKR
SG user here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
113fb73774f4a355faf75144aee5e3ce.jpg

you trying to stir the pot today? get ready for a 23 page debate. and honestly none of the answers will be wrong. there are some great packs out there by about 10 different manufacturers. There are probably 5 that really stand out in the western US...... for the record ... i love mystery ranch

You really would be doing yourself a favor if you ordered several to try side by side, then return what you least prefer. Most will allow you to do this. Each pack fits a little different, like a pair of boots. All you listed seem to be of good quality, just a matter of fit.

Jaker_cc

WKR
Kifaru..... now listen for all the exploding heads and people screaming Fanboy

But really, I have had 3 different Kifaru bags and have liked all of them a whole lot.

jmez

WKR
Whichever one fits you and your list of wants/ needs the best. They are all a little different. Sit down and make a list by order of importance the features you are looking for. Then rank the packs as to how each fits your list.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Love these threads. Haha. I always find myself coming back to them for reviews and pros vs cons from actual people that use them. I'm in the same boat as op. SG, exo, and sitka are my final 3. So far from lots of hours of research I have gathered that the SG frame is more firm and will hold the load closer to you body in a good way. The exo is the most comfortable frame sub 50lbs but it does not hold the pack as close with more weight in it. Exo has the better bag layout as some people have said SG is more or less a big vertical duffle bag. Personally I'm leaning towards SG for my first setup and if possible adding an exo bag down the line.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Wapiti1

WKR
They all fit differently and have subtle differences that may or may not drive you nuts after several days wearing it. For instance, I find all of the options above hug my back and I sweat a lot in them. My MR Crewcab is like putting on a vest and I get hot on early season hunts with it on. Later season, no issue and it is otherwise a pack that I have no issues with.

Great pack, and I use it, but it isn't as nice to carry early season as my Seek Outside. So, I still have my MR frame and a couple of bags, and an SO Revolution with a couple of bags.

I've used Exo, SG (first gen frame), Kifaru (first gen frame), MR, and Seek. They would all work, but there details I didn't like, or they didn't do anything my current pack didn't do.

Jeremy

WCB

WKR
The one that fits you the best...once that is locked down start worrying about bag "layout". Most companies have multiple bag configurations and accessories. I personally have an original SG and love it packed many complete boned out deer with it 100+pounds with gear rifle etc. Customer service has been great (have not needed for issues just questions on various product and fit instructions)

I tried a Mystery Ranch...didn't like it....my wife loves hers and a couple buddies love theirs. This is as personal of a decision as boots. Anybody that says one is better than the next or the best in general is lying to you. Any of the major manufacturers you see guys using on here (Mystery Ranch, Stone Glacier, Kifuru, Exo, Seek)....IMO will get the job done.

Jacobo2012

Lil-Rokslider
its always nice to try as many of them as you can. and when you try them try them with about 50 lbs or so so you know how itll feel weighed down. I really liked my seek outside being a taller guy at 6 4 but with weight on it it kills my shoulders as I have a narrow build. I wish there straps were a hair thicker and more padded. I packed a 80-100 lb pig out on my buddies exo k2 and fell in love. it felt like it was a 35 lb load luckily I picked up a k2 on closeout when the k3s came out and love it
with that being said I love the seek outside with light loads it really depends on what works for you and whats comfortable
its no fun packing out a heavy haul with your pack hurting your back or shoulders

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually wanting to get into llamas too :ROFLMAO:

How much do you find pack llamas for?
I don’t myself. A couple friends rent them locally. Definitely helps when you’re ten miles in. They say it’s expensive but the first year (without llamas) one of them shot a bull on the last afternoon causing each of them two extra days off work (unpaid) to pack everything out.

I doubt anyone here has used all of those packs so you're really casting a vote for who has which pack. Which is pointless. However I have use the Stone Glacier and Kuiu packs and highly recommenced both