Best euro mount hanger for elk?

Elite

WKR
Hello, wondering what everyone is using for euro hangers for elk? I bought a skull hooker but it sticks to far out from the wall
00c56fecc770619bfded737a6b0e4ffc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I have had best success just using a stout 3 inch screw with a large head in a dry wall anchor. For elk you kind of need the skull to lay flat against the wall so the antlers don’t hit the wall when you are trying to hang it up

Legend

WKR

wytx

WKR
^^^^^
Skull Bracket, we have a couple and they are well made .
Contact them and ask questions, he is in Laramie.

wnelson14

WKR
Classified Approved
I like the design of this one. Do you have personal experience using it on a big bull? I got a good one and it is sitting on my floor. I haven't found one I trust to hold the weight.
402FBE1E-B068-4AA1-8308-5D8DD8ABA3DB.jpeg

wnelson14

WKR
Classified Approved
He’s heavy and wide not super long, but decent, he was old and had super long teeth and I had to grind down his teeth to lay flat

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
I use a 4" eye hook, toggle bolt anchor, and hook in the wall. Whole setup is 70 cents at Ace. Get a brass hook if you want to dress it up. I can't justify $10+ for each euro on the wall.

Any pictures of your setup?

tmwtrfwler

Lil-Rokslider

This is what I’ve used on the ones in my house. Very happy with the product and very easy to use. Here are a couple

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 85

nsewell

FNG
I’ve made the one I use out of 1/4” rod welded to a small 1/4” thick plate with 2 screw holes. The skull just sits on the rod. I have someone hold the skull at the angle I like and tack it. then usually I’ll make a few extra at a time for my coworkers. But these were for whitetail skulls. I haven’t been elk hunting yet.

danwolf

FNG
I’ve used bondo and a coat hanger wire. If you want bit of an angle with this you can try trimming the back of the skull carefully, makes the bondo easier to cram in the brain cavity.

FLATHEAD

WKR
I bought a xl swivel bracket from Van Dykes and mounted a piece of flat
stock on one end that rises up about 8" and then bent @ 45' angle that
went into the back of the skull.
This was for a 33" Aoudad and pushes the horns out away from the wall.