Best Fixed Blade Broadheads for Elk

AGPank

WKR
Simmons Sharks. I have the 165 grain this year. Were shooting great with field points too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scottyboy

WKR
Iron will. Break the bank. What is $100 (assuming you get the 3 pack) in the grand scheme of things? Get the best.

TheViking

WKR
No need to buy Iron Will. They’re a good head, but they’re not that special IMO. I have chipped blades and bent ferrules on them just like I have in others. Sent Bill a video of the ferrule being bent to be replaced - he said that my blade wasn’t aligned properly Complete BS, it was (still is) bent.

I’ll stick with QAD Exodus or Kudu Contour Plus.

Just killed a bull with the 125 Kudu this week - awesome head, awesome results!

Last edited:

Meshnasty

Lil-Rokslider
Add another vote for the Exodus. Just shot a moose with one. He went 35 yards. Center punched a rib on the way. I was above him by 12-15’, 28 yards away, hit about 2-4” higher then I wanted to (right at the mid line of the body) and didn’t get a pass through as I shot into the opposite shoulder so I can’t comment on blood trail, but I could use that head tomorrow again. 468 grain arrow at 276fps. Those will be in my quiver for a while. Paper tuned to bullet holes and shot right with my field points.

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
Killed a bull with a Iron Will Wide this year. Dropped him in his tracks at 45 yards and massive blood. I am sold on these. I previously used QAD Exodus and liked them, but blood trails were not great.

MT257

WKR
No need to buy Iron Will. They’re a good head, but they’re not that special IMO. I have chipped blades and bent ferrules on them just like I have in others. Sent Bill a video of the ferrule being bent to be replaced - he said that my blade wasn’t aligned properly Complete BS, it was (still is) bent.

How was the justification of the blade not being aligned properly?

TheViking

WKR
How was the justification of the blade not being aligned properly?

No idea man.

I chipped a ferrule too (different head) and he sent me a replacement blade, but not ferrule.

The warranty seems to be at his discretion. Not like Magnus - you send them a pic, they send a new head, no questions asked. Which I get, more expensive product, less profit margin, but still - not cool.

Done with them.

DavePwns

WKR
Killed a bull with a Iron Will Wide this year. Dropped him in his tracks at 45 yards and massive blood. I am sold on these. I previously used QAD Exodus and liked them, but blood trails were not great.
how do the wides fly compared to QAD exodus? My QADs fly great in high wind. Curious on your opinion

LostArra

WKR
Once again the Vipertrick worked well in windy conditions last Sunday on cow elk if "dead elk quickly" is your criteria for worked well. I never checked for a blood trail. She ran 40 yards, stopped, looked back and fell over.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Add another vote for the Exodus. Just shot a moose with one. He went 35 yards. Center punched a rib on the way. I was above him by 12-15’, 28 yards away, hit about 2-4” higher then I wanted to (right at the mid line of the body) and didn’t get a pass through as I shot into the opposite shoulder so I can’t comment on blood trail, but I could use that head tomorrow again. 468 grain arrow at 276fps.

Yep. I really wanted to use one of my mechanicals on a moose but most everyone said not to because moose are just so big.....big bones......thick hide.......etc....etc. So split my quiver with 125gr QAD Exodus and GR Fatal Steels and was really hoping to get a 2nd shot so I could test out the Fatal Steels on a moose since they have worked so well on elk.

The Exodus worked fine for a first shot from 53 slightly quartering away and would have killed him just the same, but the Fatal Steel from 38 yards did a number on him as well. It didn't pass through but the head stuck into bone on the opposite side of both lungs. I was shooting 520gr arrows at 284fps. The bull didn't even go 30 yards.

TheViking

WKR

I would like to update this:

Bill V reached out to me after I posted this. I forwarded him the email chains, pics and videos regarding my dinged up ferrules.

He agreed with what I said and showed on the video and pics - one was bent and one was cracked. He sent me two replacement ferrules ASAP (just received them in the mail yesterday).

Sometimes things slip through customer service and I get it. I was bummed that it happened on two occasions, and to me it was pretty obvious that the ferrule was bent and the other cracked. At the end of the day he made it right. That says a lot to me.

Thank you again, [mention]Bill V [/mention]

Hey guys,

I’m looking for the best broadheads for elk that won’t break the bank and that fly accurate to my field points. Last year I used the Grim Reaper Hades 100grain and was really disappointed in how different they flew from my field points, even with a well tuned bow. I startedusing Swackers for Deer and LOVE them. They fly just like my FP’s. But they wouldn’t be ideal for a big elk.
Yes, I’d love some Ironwill’s, but I can’t swing the sticker price. Also, can’t be mechanical for the state I’m hunting in. I’ve shot slick tricks for deer as well. What are your go to fixed blade broadheads for elk that fly the same as field points? Thanks!!
Cutthroats from RMS are high quality, have a good warranty and fly great out to 70 yards on my set up.

Holocene

WKR
QAD Exodus 125, can't go wrong. They are a good value and fly closest to field point as any fixed blade I've tried. I prefer at least 3 blades and more cutting diameter.