Best flying broadheads on the market

Zac

WKR
Which Evolution head- the mech? Just curious- been looking at those. Look like Valkyrie mechs.
They are the same company. I didn't include mechanicals because I figured you were referring to fixed only. Best flying mechanical is the Thorn. If you want to be technical the thread should say most forgiving broadhead. If your bow is tuned perfectly they will all fly the same. However compromised conditions, wind, hand torque, and of course adrenaline will show drastic differences in various blade configurations. A vented blade for the most part is going to be more forgiving than a solid. Although they are going to make more noise. The smaller the profile, the less it will be effected by the environment.

Last edited:

Bbell12

WKR
I have done some similar tests, the results I found don't fall in line with what they experienced. Tooth of the arrow was one of the worst fixed heads I tried.

One thing to note is they are shooting in wind, and it seems like it isn't consistent, however in every group their control field point impacted to the right of the group. Either the bow is out of tune or it's too much wind to be able to have consistent conditions for testing.

Here's the info for those who don't want to watch it.
View attachment 313285View attachment 313286
I’m trying to make sense of your table, do you mind expanding on what each parameter in your sheet means? You say Tooth of the Arrow was one of the worst flying fixed blades you tested but it looks to have one of the smallest group sizes.

I’m trying to make sense of your table, do you mind expanding on what each parameter in your sheet means? You say Tooth of the Arrow was one of the worst flying fixed blades you tested but it looks to have one of the smallest group sizes.

That's not my table. That was a screenshot from the video in the post I had quoted.

Like I said, tooth of the arrow was one of the worst I shot. Could be I just had a bad package of them. I gave them away.

If the bow and the archer are perfectly tuned, would there be more than a just few broadheads that didn't fly well? Is the better question, "what broadheads fly the worst?" I'm imagining that list would be much smaller than the list of what's a great flying broadhead...

Bump79

WKR
Anyone shooting any broadheads with fixed blades that are flying well?
Tons of us are. I've got my bow tuned well and I prefer very short stout 3-4 blade fixed heads.

My current favorite is the OzCut Elite 3 Blade. I also shoot the Exodus, OzCut 4 blade and tried TOA regular and XL but the whistle drove me nuts.

I'd try VPA 3 blades as well.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

gelton

WKR
If the bow and the archer are perfectly tuned, would there be more than a just few broadheads that didn't fly well? Is the better question, "what broadheads fly the worst?" I'm imagining that list would be much smaller than the list of what's a great flying broadhead...
Depends on one's definition of well. I am sooooo close to having IW 125's hitting exactly with my field points at 60, but that depends on one's definition of exactly :)

Shawn_Guinn

Lil-Rokslider
After bare shaft tuning I can get any reasonable fixed head to fly good. But the concept of hitting exactly with field pouts at longer yardage is kinda over stated most will fly near enough at 60 yards for me to be happy. Some designs are inherently flawed some are more forgiving usually short stout heads like qad or tooth of the arrow heck my favorite back in the day rocket ultimate steels worked easiest. I will say those crazy looking crimson talons I plain just gave up on several years ago. That spin and blade turn /curvature was squirrelly.

wramos

FNG
I’ve had a lot of luck with Montec. Easier to tune those than all the others I’ve tried except g5 strikers, but prefer the simplicity of a solid broad head.

OP
M

MuleyMike

FNG
Man, I’ve been hitting real good with my field tips but these Montec G5’s fly like a drunk bat outta hell.
I’ve killed a couple elk and a deer with those and the blood trails were very poor… even with a big exit hole. I don’t think they are as sharp as they say…

OR_Hunter

FNG
I have limited experience, but I did get a velvet Coues at a distance I’d get crap for by many here last year.
Practice with field tips just before hunt and deer in between the same ranges.
QAD Exodus 125
What is that target?

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve killed a couple elk and a deer with those and the blood trails were very poor… even with a big exit hole. I don’t think they are as sharp as they say…

I've only had one pack of them, but they definitely did not come razor sharp out of the box. Thankfully they're easy to sharpen.

Titan_Bow

WKR
I’ve had really good results with G5 Stryker, both the original and new V2. Never had any issues with them having a different point of contact than my field points. Shot through a couple elk and many deer with them. Shooting 70lbs and a 500gr arrow with a Rage NC is bad medicine for deer and bear also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheViking

WKR
ddc5af59bf8f08980b67350de8bcbae6.jpg

Sobrbiker

WKR
OR_Hunter

Public range in Chandler AZ, bales at 20-100yds. Targets pictured are FP’s at 80/100 weekend before hunt.

Attachments

• 68BCB55D-1FAD-4A18-BEAE-85C20835C467.jpeg
    68BCB55D-1FAD-4A18-BEAE-85C20835C467.jpeg
    446.2 KB · Views: 57