Best flying broadheads on the market

WMag338

WKR
I have been beyond pleased with my Iron Wills S100. I have to be careful because they will cut the fletching off my field point arrows at 100 yards. If I do my part with a well tuned bow, they'll shoot lights out.

After having issues last year with broadhead tuning, I bought the new v3 and actually had it paper tuned. Pretty much any broadhead now flies like a field point. People forget tuning and form and blame the broadhead. I'm horrible I think the g5 montecs fly the best for me.

I haven’t shot a lot of broad heads over the years, because I mostly stick with something when it works for me. Also, I’ve only ever hunted whitetails in the Midwest/Southeast, where I don’t have super long shots. I started with muzzy 3 blades which didn’t fly worth a crap for me past 30, and they didn’t leave much of a blood trail either and got dumped after my first season with them. Around the time I dumped muzzy’s, rage became, well…all the rage and after I saw my bow hunting hero Chuck Adams endorse them, I started using 2 blade rages. They flew really well, just as good as my field tips and I killed a lot of deer with them. I hunted with rage up until last year, when I started really noticing the quality of rages being pretty bad. I then switched to Grim Reaper whitetail specials; they are a quality head that are made in the USA. They fly really good for me and the one deer I shot last year died within 40 yards. I know many hate mechanicals, but I’ve had a pass through on every animal I’ve shot and never lost a deer. One of my rages on the end of a heavy fmj, went clean through a bucks spine once when I misjudged the distance and shot high. If I were hunting larger game, I would probably shoot a quality fixed head, but for what I do, the Grim Reapers are performing well.
My shuttle Ts shot well but I've heard some people question their quality recently.

Holocene

WKR
Out of a super tuned bow, most people should be able to shoot about any head within 95% of their field point ability let's say, but let's not lie to ourselves and say that our broadheads "shoot just like field points." It's not a ground truthed reality.

If shooting groups for big money scores, would you really be just as willing to shoot your broadheads as your field points? That's a question to ask.

The better question is, what kind of downrange accuracy do I expect from myself and my broadhead -- and how does this one factor of broadhead performance (accuracy) balance out with all the other tasks I'm asking this piece of equipment to do? Penetration? Wound size? Durability? Cost? Noise?

Agree with a tuned bow shooting just about any reputable fixed head and mechanical well. Except for the G5 Montec M3. We shot them through multiple bows, at multiple draw weights/lengths and on the front on multiple arrows and it consistently flew 4-6" right no matter what.

Theres no doubt I prefer the full blade Exodus though. Grim Reaper Micro Hades and VPA 3 blade a distant 2nd.
I’ve had the same problems with the G5 Montec
Like a meatloaf you say??
View attachment 313091
Update… got some Kudu single bevels that are flying great.

kcm2

WKR
To know this, I'd have to shoot a lot more heads than I have. Most answers will be "what I just spend $150 on."

So, shoot what you like and get them to fly.

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
I will chime in on this. Tune your bow and your arrows to that bow. I am shooting 7 different heads right now with my field points at 60. VPA 3 blade vented, cutthroat single bevel, exodus full, magnus hornet, slick trick viper, sevr 1.5, slick trick standards. I still have to do my part but very confident where I will hit. Decisions decisions…

Maybe the better question is which broadhead causes the most damage!

Cheers

Bump79

WKR
My shuttle Ts shot well but I've heard some people question their quality recently.

I used to shoot Shuttle T's exclusively. My old ones were pretty darn solid but once they got bought out they really went to hell. Bent like 3 of them last year and had one break and ruin an arrow. Not cool.

They were one of the best flying heads. If you like that design I'd check out B3 Destrukt.

shadow

FNG
I'm going to leave the bow tuning discussion out of this as it should be fairly obvious that the base point is a well tuned bow and regardless of regulations or your feelings on fixed vs. mechanicals.

1. Mechanicals are generally going to fly great and better than anything else. My pick would be a sevr, or ulmer edge.

2. Fixed blades which I prefer, without a doubt in my experience has been the original Ramcats. In my experiences they actually grouped better than my field points at 80 yards. I was blown away. My Iron Will s100's do very well also.

kcm2

WKR
Ramcats are great heads. I wish the blades were thicker but even when they break, I get a great blood trail and a dead animal.

xcutter

WKR
Trophy Taker A-TACS are the best shooting solid broadhead I've ever shot. Small cut. Not impressed with the steel they use in them. Dull easily. Fly great though.

JMalmy

FNG
ddc5af59bf8f08980b67350de8bcbae6.jpg

Exodus Swept Blade?? @TheViking

JStol5

WKR
Grim reaper hades pro 3 blade flew incredibly well for me out to 60 yards with field points. For a fixed head, way better than I expected. Took 2 minutes to tune.

ncavi8tor

WKR
Grim Reaper Pro Micro Hades 3 Blade 125 grain have been the best flying heads I've ever shot. However, most all heads will fly good if your bow is tuned with enough arrow spine and they spin true.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Christopher.Reed

Lil-Rokslider
Don’t know about “best on the market” as they are the only broadheads I have used but my Ironwill SB200’s touch my field points at 25 yards .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe this thread should be titled most forgiving broadhead? As many stated a well-tuned bow will shoot many accurately.

As for one of the most forgiving heads, the B3 destruct definitely falls in this category, can't claim the best flying broadhead, but very well could be with its compact design?

I shot QAD Full, Sevr 1.5 and B3 Destruct for practice this year, all flew great. But the B3 Destruct were definitely more forging than the QAD Full, and a tad better than the Sevr 1.5. But most of the time shooting a Sevr 1.5 first, followed by a B3, it sliced vanes of the Sevr, as they were basically equal, but longer distances the B3 were more consistent.

Attachments

• b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Long Cut

WKR
Bareshaft tuned, nock tuned...

How forgiving is that broadhead when you’re in all of your cold weather gear and the buck you’ve been chasing all season pops up?
OR
You have to shoot in an awkward position or you’ve held full draw for 1-2 minutes straight?

Let’s be honest with ourselves, our form isn’t perfect in the stand in the heat of the moment.