Best Folding Knife?

Sandstrom

WKR
I cary a knife every day and have for years. I went the cheap route for a while and really liked the Gerber Air Ranger. I then went all out and switched to the Chris Reeves Sebenza, I went with the shorter blade one, I have had that knife for at least five years and love it. I am not easy on a knife, I expect them to be a tool that gets used for all kinds of improper tasks. So far the Sebenza is tough!! People cringe when they hear how much sod I have cut with it:)

Ryan

ODB

WKR
I’ve carried a Spiderco delica for 25++ years. Bought an all Steel spiderco just in case the plastic delica broke, but it never has so gave it to my daughter.

TN2shot07

WKR
I love my Benchmade Mini Griptilian and you can get it in just about any blade configuration you want

I cary a knife every day and have for years. I went the cheap route for a while and really liked the Gerber Air Ranger. I then went all out and switched to the Chris Reeves Sebenza, I went with the shorter blade one, I have had that knife for at least five years and love it. I am not easy on a knife, I expect them to be a tool that gets used for all kinds of improper tasks. So far the Sebenza is tough!! People cringe when they hear how much sod I have cut with it:)

Ryan
Add another to the cringe list. For those that don't know....this is a $425 knife with a nearly year wait from the builder.

I am just getting on the list for my first CRK....'Zaan

i carried my little buck bantam for years but recently bought a ka-bar dozier folding knife and it is awesome. arrived to my house with a crazy sharp blade and it was like $20.

Benchmade Bugout! But if you aren't a knife nerd, use the REI discount and get the standard s30V configuration for $100 bucks or so. Then reprofile the edge with a Lansky sharpener and DMT diamond stones. At least, that's what I did. I shaved hair on my arm after breaking down a full bull elk last fall with it.

IMG_3120.jpg

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
The pops would say this buck is all you need🤙Circa 1986 he has been using it since 70s👊He has always been able to keep it razor sharp

Attachments

• 9A4BF05D-A9D2-4C8A-9864-119F8C0B6D60.jpeg
    9A4BF05D-A9D2-4C8A-9864-119F8C0B6D60.jpeg
    569.1 KB · Views: 61

Ridley

Lil-Rokslider
Add another to the cringe list. For those that don't know....this is a $425 knife with a nearly year wait from the builder.

I am just getting on the list for my first CRK....'Zaan
I got my CRK small Inkosi back in 2017. Every spyderco, benchmade, lion steel, zero tolerance I have has sat in the safe since. I seriously have not carried another folder since then. CRK makes amazing knives. One of my favorite things about it, CRK actually encourages owners to dissemble and clean the knife, they provide the tools to do it. Every other knife maker will void their warranty in a New York minute if they have the slightest inkling that you even attempted to take it apart.

With that said, CRKs aren’t for everyone. The biggest complaint I’ve heard is the handle is uncomfortable, another is that when opening they are stiffer than other knives (they have a hydraulic feel to them when opening which is really cool IMO).

Anyway, that my plug for the CRK, just know that there are a lot of awesome knives already recommended so you have your work cut out for you in choosing one.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Best is relative to the task. That said, Benchmade mini Griptilian is a great knife. I have one with a S90V blade right now and am really happy with it. The mini Bugouts are super light, but not offered with S90V.

I'm a huge fan of the Axis locking mechanism from Benchmade, but if you don't mind a liner lock give Giant Mouse a look. I don't know of a better value in terms of material used (M390 steel, G10 scales at $130).

I have been carrying a Hinderer XM 18 3.5 for the past 5 years. It gets abused daily. This EDC has out lasted any of the others by a wide margin.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved

Ryan
This knife has been on my "need to get" (!) list for a while, and this post reminded me and gave me the reason to get one. And missing out on a more expensive knife drop recently made this one seem like a steal!