Best forest service road tire

Wrench

WKR
The chipping makes them unreliable, I get about 10,000 miles out of M55's on logging roads. They do great on pavement but the chipping makes them flat prone around 50% tread life.

This tire probably only has 5,000 miles on it

View attachment 421377
Your experience sure doesn't mimic what I have seen. I didn't like the snow performance once they were worn to 60% or so....but damn near couldn't wear it out to make the company buy new ones.

TheTone

WKR
I’ve never understood the love some have for m55’s. I have coworkers that swear by them but not me. As other have said they’re hard, heavy and I don’t like the shallow center knobs.

I’ve had good luck with multiple styles of Coopers and currently pretty happy with my Les schwab Mazama open ranges. I don’t think they’re the best at any one thing but they’re versatile enough for where I live and drive

HNTR918

WKR
On my 3rd set of BF Ko2's.
Not a single failure on the trails.

The only other tire I would consider is the Cooper AT3 XLT.

I have had one screw from the highway turn into a slow leak, but the service center replaced the whole tire.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I’m about to put Michelin Defender LTX M/S tires(not e-rated) on my 4Runner for the purpose of highway traveling and hunting on forest service roads.

PA Hunter

WKR
After doing 20 plus miles in 2 ft deep Adobe mud I am a believer in BF Goodrich AT KO2s. I buy the 10 ply 80 psi as I tow a 10000 boat also. I never had a rock puncture or ever got stuck with them off-road hunting. Been using them since 1996.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I've run E-rated 10 ply equivalent forever. Have had only one flat in Montana on an old set. I've seen my share of mayhem with tires out there on other guys rigs with less rated tires.